Soft, chewy with a magical sugary cinnamon topping these Snickerdoodle Cookies are the absolute best! This time-honored recipe is easy to make, too. These cookies are the perfect afternoon treat with a glass of milk, wonderful with a cup of coffee or tea, and make a wonderful sweet treat for friends and neighbors.
I know, everyone has a recipe for Snickerdoodle cookies. And I know that there are lots and lots of people who claim that theirs is the best. Even with these 2 things being said, I still claim that my recipe is quite amazing.
The reason my Snickerdoodles are so special is that I give each cookie an extra bit of love in the form of cinnamon sugar. Every bite of these pillowy-soft cookies is full of warm spices making them perfect to enjoy as an afternoon snack, for dessert, and special enough for the holidays.
Ingredients For Snickerdoodles
- Cream Of Tarter
- Baking Soda
What Is Cream Of Tarter?
Good question! Cream Of Tarter is what gives Snickerdoodles a slighly tangy flavor. Officially, it’s potassium bitartrate, the powdered form of tartaric acid and helps stabilize whipped egg whites, prevents sugar from crystallizing and acts as a leavening agent for baked goods.
Now, with the science lesson out of the way, grab some Cream of Tarter, you can find it in the spice section at the grocery store, and make these cookies!
More Great Cookie Recipes You Will Love!
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Kitchen Sink Cookies
- Pumpkin Crinkle Cookies
- Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Butterscotch No-Bake Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix butter, sugar and eggs really well in a large mixing bowl – you can use an electric stand mixer, hand mixer or wooden spoon.
- Combine flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl using a wire whisk.
- Gently blend dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
- Chill dough in fridge for 15 minutes (you can keep it in the mixing bowl).
- Blend the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Using a 1″ ice cream scoop, measure out dough and roll the ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to have space between each ball – the cookies will spread while baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately.