Springtime has finally arrived along with warmer weather. Those two things make me think of cooking outdoors and fresh salads. With those thoughts in mind, I combined several delicious ingredients that my family loves – grilled shrimp, bacon, and spinach. I turned these three into a wonderful salad that makes a complete meal. Just add a little crusty bread and you are done!
Spinach Salad with Shrimp and Warm Bacon Dressing
- 8 cups fresh washed baby spinach , dried really well
- 1 lb fresh peeled and deveined shrimp , grilled
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 3 boiled eggs , sliced
- 4 pieces cooked bacon , crumbled
- 1/2 red onion , sliced very thin
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place grill pan on grill and set burners to high.
- Sprinkle shrimp with Old Bay seasoning and toss to coat.
- Place shrimp on grill pan.
- Grill shrimp 2-3 minutes per side. They will be firm and white when fully cooked-check often, being careful not to overcook.
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar, sugar, honey and mustard.
- Heat bacon drippings in pan on low.
- When drippings are warm, slowly pour in the vinegar mixture.
- Whisk all ingredients together until mixed well.
- Place spinach on large platter.
- Arrange shrimp,crumbled bacon and onion on top of greens.
- Gently drizzle with warm dressing.
- Add egg slices.
- Toss gently to serve.