Entertaining is super simple with these Antipasto Skewers! This is a make-ahead appetizer that’s packed full of flavor and great for any occasion. They are fun to serve as a salad and are so good alongside grilled fish or chicken and an excellent accompaniment to soups or sandwiches. This is finger food at its best.
It’s time to do some entertaining! And, if you’re looking for a great appetizer that will wow your guests, then these Antipasto Skewers are the answer. I love making them for informal get-together’s, holiday parties, and they are perfect for game day.
Over the years, I’ve found these yummy sticks pack up beautifully, so, they’re great for picnics, tailgating, and outdoor events. Actually, now that I think about it, these skewers are like THE BEST appetizer, maybe ever, since they can be served at any party you’ll ever host!
Why I Love This Recipe!
- #1 – you can customize the ingredients depending on when you’re serving them. You might want to add more tomatoes and basil during the summer months, when veggies and herbs are fresh. You change things up in the fall by adding more meat and cheese or when you’re having “the guys” over to watch your favorite team play.
- #2 – and a really important reason is that they can be made ahead of time. I build them, store them in the fridge until ready to serve, then just rip off the plastic wrap, drizzle on the dressing and head out to impress my guests.
What You Need To Make Antipasto Skewers
- Cheese Tortellini
- Mozzarella Balls
- Salami Slices
- Black and Green Olives
- Grape Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Homemade Vinaigrette Dressing
How To Make My Favorite Vinaigrette Dressing
The one thing that brings this dish all together is the dressing. I use the recipe for “My Favorite Vinaigrette” but kick it into high gear with the addition of fresh herbs. I use fresh chives, basil, and parsley for a burst of flavor. What you need for this recipe:
- Champagne or White Balsamic Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Chives
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Parsley
If you’ve been following A Southern Soul for very long, you know that I have a soft spot in my heart for recipes that do double duty. Well, this is one of them since I’ve often served these “appetizer” skewers as a salad.
What To Serve With Antipasto Skewers
- Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken Sliders
- Award-Winning A Southern Soul Chili
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
More Yummy Recipes You’ll Love!
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- BBQ Chicken Legs
- Creamy Tomato Cucumber Pasta Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Refrigerator Pickles
Last but not least…
If you make this Antipasto Skewers recipe, be sure to leave a comment and a rating. I always love hearing from you! Also, if you make it, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to see your photo.
- 8 large green olives
- 8 Genoa salami slices – halved
- 8 mini Mozzarella cheese balls
- 8 large basil leaves
- 8 grape tomatoes
- 8 cheese tortillini pastas – cooked and cooled
- 8 large black olives
- 1/4 cup good vinegar – I use Champagne but sherry or balsamic is fine
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 clove garlic – finely minced or 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chives – chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil – chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley – chopped
- Using 8, 7 inch wooden skewers, thread one of each antipasto ingredients onto skewers. Set aside.
- In a small jar with a lid, add mustard, garlic, honey, olive oil, salt, pepper, chives, basil and parsley. Secure lid and shake until thoroughly mixed.
- When ready to serve, pour dressing over skewers.
- **skewers can be made in advance and stored in refrigerator until ready to serve.**use up ingredients to make extra skewers and keep chilled.**line up ingredients so that when building skewers, all items are used in the same order.