Avocado Egg Salad is a fresh twist on a classic recipe. This lightened up version of egg salad is creamy thanks to avocado with just the right amount of flavor thanks to a few other “must add” ingredients.
I really enjoy starting off my week with my planner filled out and my meal prep done. There’s just something so satisfying about getting up Monday morning and knowing that I’ve got a plan for the week. I like having an overall idea of what I’ll be doing and I also like having several recipes made and stored in the fridge to help me start things off on the right foot. That’s where this Avocado Egg Salad comes in. It’s an updated version of one of my family’s favorite dishes and it’s quickly won us over!
Just like classic egg salad, this recipe starts with boiled eggs. I’ve taken a liking to cooking mine in the Instant Pot because they peel so easily after being steamed but cooking on the stove stop is easy too. After that, well, here’s where the “change up” comes in. To my eggs, I add in one whole avocado, fresh chives, one tablespoon of mayonnaise, a bit of lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mix all of this together and you’re done! This recipe cuts out about half of the mayo I usually use for my traditional egg salad and the addition of the lemon juice and herbs is just crazy good!
Ways to serve Avocado Egg Salad:
- On toast for breakfast.
- As a dip with fresh veggies. You could sprinkle on Everything Bagel Seasoning for an added flavor kick!
- On crackers as an afternoon snack.
- In a wrap for lunch.
- Add in tuna or chicken for a salad.
Instant Pot Boiled Eggs
- Place eggs in Instant Pot on rack that came with the instant pot or steamer basket. Pour water into Instant Pot, put lid on and close vent. Press manual and set for 7 minutes. Once the timer goes off and the 7 minute cycle is up, carefully quick release pressure. Remove eggs from pot and in ice water bath for 5 minutes.
Stove Top Boiled Eggs
- In a large pot, place eggs and cover with cold water. Cook on medium high heat until water comes to a boil. Turn off heat, cover pot with lid and let sit for 13 minutes. Uncover, drain and rinse with cold water. Let eggs cool completely.
Avocado Egg Salad
- Place eggs and avocado in a small bowl or on a plate and mash with fork. Drizzle with lemon juice and mix. Add mayonnaise, chives, salt and pepper. Mix well and serve.
Make sure to PIN this recipe HERE to save!