This post may contain affiliate links.
Whether you are serving these yummy sandwiches for lunch, at a picnic, wedding, or baby showers, or for a light dinner, they will be a hit! This creamy egg salad is made with just a few ingredients and is a recipe anyone can make.
My Mom’s egg salad is one of the things you can find in my fridge almost every week. For my family, it’s breakfast food, snack, lunch, or even dinner. She made it with 5 simple ingredients, and I do the same, proving that simple things in life often bring the most joy.
At my house, Egg Salad Sandwiches tend to be on the menu every Saturday at lunchtime. Since I can make them in just minutes, with ingredients I always have on hand, serving these sandwiches has turned into a family tradition of sorts.
But let me tell you, I don’t just use this tasty egg salad just for sandwiches. I serve it on lettuce beds, with crackers, and even as a dip with celery and carrot sticks.
Ingredients Needed to Make Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Mayonnaise – not salad dressing
- Kosher Salt – not iodized/table salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Dry Mustard
- Bread – I like to use Croissants, but any bread that you like will work.
Tools For Making This Recipe Easy
One of my handy, dandy cooking tricks is to use a pastry cutter when you are chopping up the eggs. It’s so easy and cuts them up into just the right size for great consistency.
How To Boil Eggs
My method for making boiled eggs works perfectly every time.
- Add eggs to a pot and cover with cold water. Bring the water up to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pot with a lid. Let the eggs sit for 12 minutes.
- Drain eggs and put in cold water with ice for 5 minutes. Drain and peel.
How To Make Egg Salad
After boiling and peeling the eggs, there are just a few simple steps to making the egg salad.
Chop the eggs, add in the mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and mustard, then stir until light and fluffy. That’s it! I do like my egg salad a little peppery, so please feel free to adjust the seasoning to suit your own taste.
How Long Does Egg Salad Last?
If you are lucky enough to have leftovers, you can keep the egg salad in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
Ideas For Serving
My go-to for egg salad is always as a sandwich, but there are lots of other ways to serve it.
- I like to toast English Muffin with a bit of butter and pile on Egg Salad as an open face sandwich.
- It’s great to serve on thick slices of hearty grain bread with bacon or sliced ham.
- Served a lunch salad along with a scoop of tuna salad and fruit salad.
- With your favorite cracker and a bowl of soup for a light dinner.
More Recipes Like This You’ll Love
- 4 boiled eggs – cooled and peeled
- ¼ cup good mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- Place cooked, cooled and peeled eggs in a bowl and chop.
- Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper and mustard. Mix well
- Spoon egg salad onto bread – do not skimp on the amount. Enjoy!