If you love guacamole and salsa, then Avocado Salsa is sure to be your new favorite dip! Loaded with fresh avocados, tomatoes, jalapeños, and onion, all tossed in a bright lime dressing that’s easy to make in just minutes. This 8 ingredient dish is great to serve as an appetizer, for a party and delicious over grilled fish and meats.
Whether it’s for a treat before dinner or as an addition to my list of party foods, I’m always on the lookout for a yummy dip. And when you combine two of the best (in my opinion) dips ever – guacamole and salsa – you get Avocado Salsa. This concoction is creamy and fresh with just the right amount of heat.
What You Need To Make Avocado Salsa
- Lime Juice
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Cilantro – if you’re not a fan, then substitute parsley
There are no real cooking skills needed to make this recipe. All you need is a sharp knife, cutting board and a couple of bowls. Here’s how it all comes together:
- Chop the avocados, tomatoes, onions, and jalapeños into small pieces. One of the keys to success in making this salsa is to make sure to cut your veggies into small uniform pieces. Just take your time, it’s worth it!
- Mince up the cilantro into very small pieces.
- Juice a lime. The taste of fresh citrus is another key to making this recipe extra special.
- This salsa is best served fresh. You can make it up to about 2 hours in advance of when you want to serve it.
This chunky dip is great to serve at outdoor parties. It’s wonderful when you’re feeding a crowd since it’s so easy to double or even triple. It’s perfect served up with tortilla chips but why stop there. Try using Avocado Salsa in new, yummy ways like these:
- Load up taco shells with Shredded Mexican Chicken and top with this salsa.
- For a vegetarian twist, top Instant Pot Mexican Rice with Avocado Salsa. This makes a great lunch or side dish at supper.
- Spoon a dollop or two over Sweet Heat BBQ Chicken for a fresh, bright kick.
- Make a salsa bar with 5-Minute Salsa, Pineapple Salsa, and Avocado Salsa, with different kinds of chips for a fun appetizer.
If you make this recipe, let me know!
You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul.
- 3 avocados - chopped
- 3 small tomatoes - seeded and chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños - seeded and chopped
- 1 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro - chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place chopped avocados, tomatoes, jalapeños, onions, and cilantro in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- In a jar with a lid or small mixing bowl, add olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Shake or whisk until blended. Pour over chopped vegetables. Lightly toss together. Serve immediately or can be stored up to 24 hours.