Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is tender, super-moist, and incredibly delicious! This easy to make recipe is full of bananas, chocolate chips with an added sprinkle of pecans making it the ideal quick bread for breakfast, brunch, an afternoon snack, or dessert.
To all the lovers of banana bread, this recipe is about to rock your world. Seriously! It’s simple, does not require any special equipment to make and once you experience the amazing aroma of this bread baking, you’ll know what I mean by these bold statements.
If you’re like me, at some point in your life, you’ve found yourself with a few over-ripe bananas sitting on your counter. You’ve wondered what in world you should do with them. Well, here’s the answer. I’ve got the BEST “new twist” on a classic banana bread recipe that includes chocolate chips and pecans.
Why You’ll Love This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- it’s tender, fluffy, and moist
- chocolate chips are scattered and melted throughout each slice
- it has a deep, rich natural sweetness from the bananas
- it’s perfect with a cup of coffee any time of the day
What Ingredients Go Into Chocolate Chip Banana Bread?
- Ripe Bananas
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Substitutions For This Recipe
I love pecans so I added them to my recipe. They give just the right amount of “extra something” to this bread. If you are not a fan of pecans, you could substitute walnuts. Or, if you don’t like nuts just leave them out altogether.
If you don’t have semi-sweet chips you can use milk chocolate chips for a little sweeter taste. I’ve also made this banana bread with dark chocolate chips. Really, it doesn’t matter what kind of chips you use, they all work great!
Tips For Making This Recipe
- The best way to mash the bananas is with a fork. You’ll have a few small chunks of bananas but don’t worry about that, they will melt into the bread as it bakes.
- Make sure the butter and eggs are at room temperature.
- For this recipe, the batter will be thick. The moisture comes from the eggs and bananas and no extra liquid is needed. As you stir everything together, make sure not to overmix.
- Line your loaf pan with parchment paper leaving an overlap on the long sides of the pan. That makes it easy to lift the bread out once it’s baked.
How To Store Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
To store this bread, I wrap it in a piece of parchment paper then wrap it in aluminum foil. It can also be sliced and put in an airtight container. It will keep on the counter for about three days but honestly, it will be gobbled up long before that.
Can This Bread Be Frozen?
Yep! This bread freezes beautifully. Just wrap it in foil and place in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw on the counter and warm it in the oven or microwave when you’re ready to enjoy it.
More Banana Recipes To Make
- Banana Pudding Trifle
- Banana Granola Muffins
- Oatmeal Brown Sugar Banana Bread
- Banana Sweet Potato Breakfast Bread
Let me know if you make this recipe! You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter (1 stick)
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, add butter and sugar. Using a wooden spoon, mix the two together until well blended. Add in eggs, mashed bananas, and vanilla and stir until blended.
- To a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently blend until just incorporated. Fold in 2/3 cup of chocolate chips and 1 cup of pecans. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top of batter. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove loaf pan from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes, then turn out on a wire rack to cool. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.