Ok…it happened again. I’d not done the right by that big bunch of bananas I bought a few days ago!
So, here’s my story…
They did not go in a lunch bag or a sack for a snack.
They did not make a smoothie,
Or some some pudding or pie,
Actually and factually they looked like they’d died!
I went right to work with a recipe in hand,
And made a nice treat that I’d not really planned.
Some sugar and flour, butter and milk,
I made something yummy, something tasty and sweet.
So out of the oven comes my brown treat,
And of course there’s no question, the whole loaf we’ll eat.
With some coffee or milk, cream cheese or just plain
Bananas in bread is goodness WITHOUT shame!
The best use of over ripe bananas is banana bread, and this is a simply recipe to follow.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter - room temp.
- 2 eggs - room temp.
- 4 Tablespoon sour milk (make by adding 1/4 teaspoon of vinegar to 4 T. of milk)
- 1 1/2 cups very ripe bananas mashed (about 3)
- 2 cups A/P flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped nuts - I like pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 1 large loaf pan and cover bottom with waxed paper.
Cream sugar and butter.
Add eggs and remaining ingredients. Mix well with wooden spoon.
- Pour into pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Test for doneness.