This easy-to-make, flavorful banana bread is soft, moist, and loaded with rich pecans. Prepped in just 10-minutes and in one bowl, this yummy bread is a family favorite that disappears quickly!
Over the years, I’ve made this Banana Nut Bread recipe so many times that I’ve lost count. I’ve made it for my family, given it to neighbors, surprised teachers with a loaf, and always have some ready to serve during the holidays.
This made from scratch recipe has tons of flavor from over-ripe bananas. It’s super simple to make with just a few pantry ingredients, too. As a bonus, just one bowl and about 10 minutes are all it takes to prep the recipe.
More Banana Bread Recipes I Love!
Ingredients For Banana Nut Bread
- Over-ripe bananas – about 3 total
- Brown sugar
- Butter – room temperature
- Eggs – room temperature
- Sour milk – made by combining whole milk and vinegar
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Nuts – I prefer pecans but you can also use walnuts
Pro Tip: To soften butter, allow it to sit out on the counter for 1 to 2 hours before using it. Test it by pressing it with your finger. You should get an indent and the butter will be soft but not melted.
How Do You Ripen Bananas Quickly?
Having over-ripe bananas is important to the success of this recipe. So, if you’ve got a few beautiful bananas that you want to turn into Banana Nut Bread, try this easy method to help the ripening process:
- put the bananas in a brown paper bag and loosly fold over the opening. Add in an apple which produces ethylene gas which will circulate around the fruit. The bananas should be over-ripe in 1 to 2 days.
How Do You Make Banana Nut Bread?
You are going to be so happy with how quickly this bread comes together!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 1 large loaf pan with cooking spray and cover bottom with waxed paper.
- Mash the bananas and chop the pecans.
- Using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, and remaining ingredients and stir to combine using a wooden spoon.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan, top with nuts and bake until done.
How To Freeze Banana Nut Bread
This is one of those recipes that lends itself perfectly to freezing.
- Make the recipe per the instruction then let the Banana Nut Bread cool completely.
- Wrap it tightly in plasice wrap or foil.
- Place the wrapped bread in a freezer bag, press out the air and seal. The bread will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Thaw in the fridge or on the counter when ready to enjoy.
- You can also freeze slices of Banana Nut Bread if you want individual portions.
More Yummy Snack Breads & Muffins You’ll Love!
- Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins With Lemon Glaze
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Orange Glazed Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread
Last but not least…
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and a rating. I always love hearing from you! Also, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram.
Easy Banana Nut Bread
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter – room temp.
- 2 eggs – room temp.
- 4 Tablespoon whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups very ripe bananas mashed (about 3)
- 2 cups A/P flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped nuts – I like pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 1 large loaf pan and cover bottom with waxed paper.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar, and butter. Add the vinegar to the milk and stir.
- Add eggs, sour milk, mashed bananas, flour, baking soda, and 3/4 cup of chopped nuts. Mix well with a wooden spoon until blended.
- Pour into pan, and top with remaining nuts. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Using a toothpick, test for doneness. The pick should come out clean.
- Let banana nut bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.