Warm, cheesy, and packed with savory flavor is what this bread is all about! It’s just the thing to serve with soup and salad or toasted for breakfast.
We are big-time soup lovers here and I am always on the lookout for a little something to serve on the side so, when I ran across my favorite recipe for cheese balls, it got me thinking…how about making this into a loaf. There were just a few changes I needed to make to turn this into bread and happily, it worked. I served nice, thick slices alongside a bowl of cannelloni bean soup and we celebrated a happy Wednesday.
This bread is great served for any meal and it’s also is a great treat to give to folks during the holidays. Every Christmas, I make several loaves, wrap them in cellophane then tie the whole package up with a pretty ribbon. My friends and neighbors love getting a homemade gift especially one that tastes this good!
More recipes that are excellent for gift giving ~
- Slow Cooker Party Mix
- Oatmeal Brown Sugar Banana Bread
- A Southern Soul House Seasoning
- Lemon Pound Cake
- Tiger Butter Fudge
Sausage & Cheese Bread
Sausage and cheese bread with a mild spicy kick is perfect for breakfast, a snack or served with soup or salad.Print Rate
- 1 lb . pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Texas Pete hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 2 cups baking mix - Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet and cook along with onion until brown.
- Drain on paper towels and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, cheeses, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add baking mix, milk, and mayonnaise. Stir.
- To the mixture, add sausage & onions. Mix until just blended.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let rest in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out to plate to serve.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it HERE!