I took the best of some of the “energy ball” recipes that I’ve seen on the web and came up with just the right combination of flavors for a power packed treat. With only four ingredients this is a snack that makes Mr. Lacrosse and his mama really, really happy!
Great ingredients rolled into one yummy bite make an energy ball that's sure to get you through a busy day!
- 1/4 cup oats
- 15 - 16 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a food processor, pulse oats until finely chopped. Remove and set aside.
- Add dates to processor and chop into very small pieces.
- Add oats, chocolate and honey to dates and process until mixture forms a ball. If mixture is not coming together add a small drizzle of honey and pulse again.
- Using a small scoop, measure out mixture and roll into balls.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator until ready to enjoy.