Yes, it’s Cinco de Mayo which means many, many people will be celebrating even if they are not from Mexico. Probably the most popular way that we’ll all be enjoying this day is with food. I’ll be making a beautiful taco bar and one of the dishes that’ll be part of my spread is Grilled Corn Salsa.
With only 5 ingredients, you might think it’s just “one more thing” you can add to your taco. Well…friends, this salsa is far from boring. It’s crunchy, lightly smokey with a little heat and packed with fresh flavors.
I hope you’ll trust me and make this delicious salsa whether you’re having a fiesta or not!
If you want to take your taco to the next level, try this salsa. It's crunchy, lightly smokey with a little heat and packed with fresh flavors.
- 4 ears fresh corn - shucked & cleaned
- ⅓ cup red onion - diced
- ⅓ cup cilantro - chopped
- 2 jalapeños - minced
- 2 limes - juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- dash of hot sauce
- Grilled corn on medium high heat until lightly charred. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Carefully cut corn from cob and place in a medium size bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and toss until blended.
- Serve with chips, on tacos, salads, tostados, fish or meats.