We are still dealing with the remnants of a winter storm around here and even though school is cancelled, there’s still lots going on. There’s snow to shovel, dogs to walk, lacrosse practice, and all the daily “stuff” that needs to be done. The good news is before the storm hit, I had a fully stocked fridge and pantry so keeping everyone fed has not been a problem. Of course, at some point my guys wanted something sweet to eat and I surprised them with this new twist on a old favorite. Using my tried and true recipe for Rice Krispy treats, I switched out the cereal for Honey Nut Cheerios. I sprinkled in a little cinnamon and salt, mixed everything together and TA-DA, I had a winner!
Honey Nut Marshmallow Treats
If you're looking for a change from your ordinary marshmallow treats, look no further than this fun variation.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag marshmallows
- 6 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Prepare a 9X11 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium size pot in medium high heat. Add cinnamon and salt, stirring to incorporate. When butter is melted, add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add in cereal. Stir until well mixed.
- Place mixture in prepared pan, pressing down to make an even layer. Place in fridge to set up, approximately 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator, cut into squares and serve.
And just in case you are looking for MORE great marshmallow treat recipes, well, here ya go…