Sweet with a tart bite, Key Lime Pie is a perfect refreshing dessert. It’s so easy to make and is Creed’s favorite! We had a great dinner the other night of Corn Chowder with Bacon and needed a “lite” treat so that we didn’t feel too guilty – yeah, right! Anyway, I made some fresh whipped cream and before you knew it, the tart pan was empty. Boys, just remember who loves you best – mama!
Sweet with a tart bite, Key Lime Pie is a perfect refreshing dessert.
- 10 whole graham crackers
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Process graham crackers in food processor until they are in very small crumbles.
- Mix sugar and butter into the graham crackers and press into a 9"pie or tart pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a medium size bowl, mix all ingredients with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Pour into tart pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool on counter top and then refridgerate until ready to serve.
- Put ingredients in mixing bowl and beat with a hand or stand mixer until stiff peaks form.