I know it’s not really time for peaches to be ready but I just couldn’t resist myself when I saw a few of the first fruits of season at the farmers market. I am so thankful that I live in a part of the country that produces this sweet, juicy fruit. North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia all have their own unique varieties and it’s always so much fun to taste, cook and explore what makes each one special. I picked up a small basket of peaches on Saturday and let them get just ripe enough to bake with. So, today was the day and Peach Tart is what’s for dessert!
- 1 puffed pastry , thawed
- 3 cups of peeled and sliced peaches
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place baking sheet in oven to heat.
- Add peaches, sugar, flour and vanilla and gently mix.
- Tear a sheet of parchment paper to fit the baking pan.
- Place puffed pastry on paper and roll out to approximately 12 X 10 inches.
- Remove baking pan from oven and gently place the parchment paper with pastry in center.
- Fold edges of pastry inward creating a crust.
- Spoon peaches onto the dough.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly, serve with powdered sugar or whipped cream.
PIN this recipe HERE to save!