With these beautiful warm days upon us, I love sitting outside to enjoy lunch. Salads are always a favorite and this one is no stranger in my recipe line up. I love the light flavor of butter lettuce and when you add the crunch of the pears and the savory intensity of blue cheese, you’ve got a winner. I add a grind of black pepper, my favorite vinaigrette dressing and lunch is served.
Pear & Blue Cheese Salad
Combine the light flavor of butter lettuce and crunch of pears and the savory intensity of blue cheese, and you’ve got a winning salad.
- 4-5 leaves of butter lettuce
- 1/2 fresh sliced pear
- 2-3 tablespoon crumbles blue cheese
- fresh cracked pepper
- Vinaigrette Salad dressing (https://www.asouthernsoul.com/2013/03/06/my-favorite-vinaigrette-salad-dressing/)
- Place leaves of lettuce on chilled salad plate.
- Arrange pear slices and blue cheese crumbles on lettuce.
- Drizzle on dressing and sprinkle with black pepper.