When it’s time for salad, there is a clear winner for the dressing – homemade vinaigrette. It’s fast, easy and provides huge flavors that the store bought stuff just doesn’t compare to.
Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup good vinegar - I use Champagne but sherry or balsamic is fine
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 clove garlic - finely minced or 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, add vinegar, salt, mustard, honey and garlic and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk ingredients until blended.
- Slowly add the oil in a stream while whisking until an emulsion forms - color of vinaigrette will change to a golden yellow.
- Taste and adjust seasoning including the oil and vinegar.