Pecan Pie Tart Bites are a fun little treat loaded with all the flavor of a regular slice of pie! Easy to make with the help of store bought Phyllo cups, this dessert comes together in less than 30 minutes.
I’ve take all the goodness of a classic pecan pie and turned it into little tart bites! With the use of store-bought Phyllo cups, this recipe is ready to serve in less than 30 minutes. I must admit, I was a bit skeptical at first about “messing with” such a beloved, Southern dessert but after tasting one of these little bites, I was a believer … and so was my family.
A few weeks ago, I started playing around with a couple of dessert recipes for the holidays. I’d had pecan pie on my mind but wanted to do something a bit different. I eventually decided to make the traditional pie into tarts. I love food that’s turned into small bites and knew the little cups that you can buy in the frozen section of the store would be the perfect vehicle for my filling.
Now, here’s a little funny that happened when I was making my tarts. Mr. A Southern Soul was working from home that afternoon and my youngest was home from school. At some point they walked through the kitchen, looked at my mixing bowl and asked what I was making. I shared that I was whipping up pecan pie tarts and they both stopped in their tracks. “Finally” was the response I got. What? “What does that even mean,” I asked. I was then informed that pecan pie is Mr.’s FAV and it seemed everyone knew that but me. After 28 years of marriage, I’d missed that little piece of info and I’m not sure how. I quickly corrected my mistake and made 3 batches of my man’s favorite pie tarts. I must have done something right because by the end of the night, there was not a single pecan pie tart bite left!
- 1 tablespoon butter - melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large egg - beaten
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup pecans - chopped
- 1 box Phyllo cups (15 per box)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment or foil. Place Phyllo cups on sheet pan and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl. mix together butter and sugar. Beat with whisk or fork until thoroughly blended. Add in egg, honey, vanilla and salt mixing together. Add in pecans and mix well. Using a teaspoon, fill each Phyllo cup with pecan mixture. Bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes until done. Edges of Phyllo cups will turn golden brown when ready.
- Let cool 10 minutes then remove from baking sheet and serve!
Make sure to FOLLOW A Southern Soul on Pinterest!