For all the chocolate and chess pie lovers out there…this one’s FOR YOU! Like the lemon chess pie recipe I posted a few months ago, you probably have all the ingredients in your fridge and pantry. So, get out your whisk, a bowl and a couple of measuring cups & spoons cause there no special equipment needed! I think this is perfect timing for Valentine’s Day! Big Sweetie agrees…..
Chocolate Chess Pie
- 1 pie crust for a 9" pie pan
- 1 1/2 cups regular sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons good powered cocoa
- 1/2 cup melted butter - 1 stick
- 5 oz evaporated milk
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 1 teaspoon good vanilla
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together sugar, cocoa and melted butter with a whisk.
- Add evaporated milk, eggs and vanilla.
- If using, add pecans.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for 30-35 minutes.