- 2 dozen fresh oysters - cleaned
- 2 sticks salted butter - melted
- Lemon wedges
- Hot sauce - Texas Pete is my choice
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Place cleaned oysters on grill - larger bowl side down.
- Close lid and roast for approximately 6-8 minutes until shells begin to open.
- Remove from grill. Using a shucking or paring knife & gloves, gently pry open shells.
- Run knife around shell, loosening meat, leaving oyster in shell, being careful not to spill any juices. Place on platter.
- Serve with lemon wedges, melted butter and hot sauce.