Savory chicken thighs with crispy skin are one of life’s simple pleasures. Hassle free cooking, using a sheet pan is sure to make life easier when supper time rolls around. Just add a side dish and you’ve got a meal your family will rave about!
Sheet pan cooking is one of my “go-to” methods for getting a great meal on the table during a busy week. Over the past couple of years, I’ve experimented with this interesting way to cook a whole meal on one pan and I can state without question, that it works! Not only does sheet pan cooking save time in the kitchen but clean up is a snap. I usually prep all of my ingredients either early in the day or the night before I’m ready to cook. Then, all I have to do is pull everything out of the fridge and I’m good to go.
My newest version of chicken thighs (Mr. A Southern Soul’s fav) is done with dried ranch mix and my homemade Montreal Steak Seasoning. I added in a few red onions, my fav and cooked everything in the oven until the chicken was done and the skin was golden and crispy. The seasoning adds a kick of flavor to the outside of the thighs while the meat is tender and juicy. This recipe has quickly become a much loved dish that the family looks forward to. All I do is add a salad and maybe a veggie to the menu and supper is served!
Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken ThighsPrint Pin Rate
- 8 chicken thighs - bone in/skin on
- 3 tablespoons dried ranch mix
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion - quartered
- Add chicken, ranch dressing mix, Montreal seasoning and red pepper flakes to a large zip top bag. Gently mix together making sure chicken is coated with ingredients.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil on to a sheet pan. Place chicken skin side down on pan. Add onion around chicken. Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes. Flip chicken and continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees about 10 more minutes. Turn oven to broil and cook until chicken skin is slightly charred - approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- If prepping ahead, store chicken in fridge until ready to cook.
Are you on Pinterest? If you are, make sure you are following A Southern Soul! Also…don’t forget to PIN this recipe to save.