This post may contain affiliate links.
Snickerdoodle Cookies meets cheesecake for an incredible dessert bar that’s over the top delicious! This decadent, cinnamon-sugary treat has three layers of deliciousness and is perfect for any occasion.
I’ve been making the Best Snickerdoodle Cookies for years. They are soft, tender, and loaded with cinnamon. So, why not take all that yumminess and add in a layer of cheesecake and top it with a layer of a cinnamon sugar cookie?
Well, the answer to that question is, “let’s do it!” Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars take my cookie recipe to a whole new level. They are rich, slightly indulgent, and will have you falling head over heels in love with this new twist on a classic cookie.
What Ingredients Go Into This Recipe
- All-purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Cream Cheese
What Size Pan Is Used For This Recipe?
A 9×13 inch baking/casserole dish is used for this recipe. Make sure to line the pan with parchment or foil, then lightly coat with non-stick cooking spray.
PRO TIP: make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature. This will ensure that everything blends smoothly.
How To Make This Recipe
This recipe is made in three simple steps. The key to success is to gather the ingredients, and tools before making the recipe so that you’ll have everything prepped and ready! Here’s how to make Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars:
- Prep the pan and heat the oven.
- Make the cream cheese filling – using a hand mixer blend cream cheese, eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Make the crust – whisk the dry ingredients together then using a hand mixer, combine the butter, white and brown sugars, eggs and vanilla. Gradually add the dry and wet together to make the dough.
- Press half the dough in the prepared pan and sprinkle on cinnamon sugar. Pour over the cheesecake mixture, then add the remaining dough on top.
- Top it off with more cinnamon sugar, then bake!
Tips For Making The Best Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Make sure to prepare your pan. I use parchment paper to line my baking dish. I leave “handles” hanging over the side of the pan to help remove the bars after baking.
- You will know the bars are done when the top is gold brown and the center is slightly set. Don’t worry if the center is a bit soft, the cheesecake will firm up while cooling.
- It’s super important that you let the cheesecake bars cool at room temperature, then place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours before slicing.
PRO TIP: I make these cheesecake bars the night before serving so that they have enough time to chill and set, making slicing easy.
How To Store
Store the cheesecake bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep for 4 days…if you are lucky!
More Sweet Treats To Make!
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip
- No-Bake Butterscotch Cookies
- Classic Southern Sweet Potato Pie
- Apple Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread
- Chocolate Chess Pie
Last But Not Least…
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and a rating. I always love hearing from you! Also, if you make it, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to see your photo.
Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- 2- 8 ounce blocks, softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
Snickerdoodle Crust Layer
- 2-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) melted, unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment of foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, and sugar. Using a hand mixer, beat until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, vanilla, and salt, the mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to a medium-size bowl and whisk together.
- In a large bowl, add butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and using a hand mixer beat together. Add in the eggs, and vanilla, mixing until combined. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet and slowly mix until just blended.
- Press half of the Snickerdoodle dough in an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. (The dough will be sticky.)
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar over the dough.
- Pour over the cheesecake mixture. Dot the top of the cheesecake with the remaining Snickerdoodle dough. Sprinkle over remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 to 45 minutes until the center is slightly set. Remove from the oven and let cool completely, then place in the refrigerator to set. Slice and serve.