For the ULTIMATE snack mix for game day, parties and cocktails with friends look no further! Sweet and Nutty Snack Mix made with pecans, mixed nuts, cereal and pretzels all tossed in a buttery sweet caramel sauce is outrageously delicious and totally addictive. This easy to make treat is also perfect for a homemade gift for teachers, neighbors and friends.
I’m going to be straight up with y’all about this snack mix. You’ve got to make is ASAP. It is hands down, the BEST snack mix I’ve ever made. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and salty with a buttery caramel flavor that takes it over the top.
Last weekend, I was experimenting with a few recipes and I came up with this Sweet & Nutty Snack Mix. I’ve wanted a recipe to add to my rotation of snack mixes along with something that I could give as gifts during the holidays. After a few tries, I’d nailed down the recipe and had a container full of this new, sweet, crunchy goodness. Now here’s the funny thing…Mr. A Southern Soul had been traveling and when he came home, he saw the snack mix on the counter. I gave him a little taste test and informed him the rest was off limits until I took some photos for the post. After about an hour, he came in my office and told me I had to hide the container. He was serious. He said he just couldn’t help himself and if I didn’t do something, well, he was just not going to be held responsible for what could happen.
In the end, everything worked out great. I had enough snack mix for my photos, to share with a friend when she came over for drinks and the rest was saved for my main man. Like I said, this is THE BEST, totally outrageous, “you won’t be able to stop yourself from eating” snack mix you’ll ever make!
What you’ll need to make Sweet & Nutty Snack Mix:
- Crispix cereal
- pecan halves
- mixed nuts
- brown sugar
- light corn syrup
How do you make make this snack mix?
- Starting out, line two sheet pans with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Divide dry ingredients – cereal, pretzels, pecans and nuts – evenly between the two pans. Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size pot, melt the butter, add in the brown sugar and syrup. Bring the mixture to a boil for four minutes.
- Pour half of the caramel mixture over each pan. Using a non-stick spatula or wooden spoon, toss the ingredients in the glaze.
- Place pans in oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven, toss and return back to oven to bake for 8 minutes more.
- Remove pans from oven and let snack mix cool completely. Break apart any large chunks if needed.
- Dig in!
Want other great snacks to enjoy during football season, while binge watching your favorite show or for parties? Try these:
- Zesty Crock Pot Snack Crackers
- Classic Party Mix from the Slow Cooker
- Jalapeño Popper Cheese Ball
- Cheesy Sausage Balls
- Buffalo Wing Snack Mix
- No Bake Ranch Fire Crackers
- 1 12 oz box Crispix cereal
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 10 oz bag pecan halves
- 1 10.3 oz can mixed nuts
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Divide cereal, pretzels, pecans and mixed nuts between two pans. Set aside
- In a medium size pot, melt butter. Add brown sugar and light corn syrup. Stir and bring mixture to a boil. Turn down to a low boil and cook for four minutes. Pour half of mixture over each pan of snack mix. Using a nonstick spatula or wooden spoon, mix to coat dry ingredients. Place in oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove pans from oven. Toss snack mix. Return mixture to oven and cook for additional 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let snack mix cool completely. Break apart any large pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin it HERE!