Buffalo wing sauce, butter and a few other seasonings turn plain pretzels and nuts into a snack mix you won’t be able to stop eating! If you love munching on a spicy snack while watching your favorite team play, then this recipe is for you.
Every year, for the past 13 years, the week before the start of the NFL football season, we have a party. It’s not just any old party…it’s a fantasy football party. The same group of guys that Mr. A Southern Soul has been playing with all those years, come over for “the draft” and for some fun. Over time, this party has turned into more like a family reunion. I’ve gotten to know the guys and their families. They are a GREAT group of hard working, family men who love football and love having fun.
This party also includes food…no surprise there! Every year, I put together a menu I think the guys will like. To be honest, I have a hidden agenda with my selections because I’m actually looking for taste testers for one of my new recipes. I always have a snack, a main dish along with a side of some sort and dessert. This year, I came up with this spicy, buffalo snack mix because I knew the boys could take the heat. I wanted to keep the mix super simple so I only added pretzels and mixed nuts. The inspiration for this snack was my tried and true, Party Mix recipe that’s become a tradition in the family. I changed out the classic ingredients for some buffalo sauce and Montreal seasoning then baked my creation for about an hour until the pretzels were crispy.
When the guys arrived for the party, I served up my Buffalo Wing Snack Mix with a selection of cold beverages. I quickly received rave reviews as the snack tray became empty. I filled it up again, gave ’em all a big smile and wished them good luck with their teams. Score one for A Southern Soul!
Buffalo Wing Snack Mix
- 1 16 oz bag pretzels (I used Snaps)
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup butter - unsalted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon homemade Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 10.3 oz cans mixed nuts
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Place pretzels and nuts in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place buffalo sauce and butter in a sauce pan. Cook on low until butter is melted. Add Worcestershire, garlic and onion powder along with Montreal seasoning, stir to combine. Pour over pretzels and nuts and toss to coat. Pour snack mix onto a sheet pan and place in oven. Bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Let snack mix cool and serve. Can be stored in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Want more great recipes? Follow A Southern Soul on Pinterest!