Classic Pound Cake is taken to a whole new level with creamy buttermilk and brown butter icing! This cake is moist, tender, and has a soft texture that’s heavenly. Destined to become a family favorite, this cake great for any celebration or when you want the perfect sweet treat.
One of my favorite things to bake is pound cake. They are simple to make and turn out beautifully with little to no effort. Any flavor of pound cake is perfect for a birthday celebration, served at the holidays, or when you want to show someone how special they are.
My Favorite Pound Cake Recipes Include:
- Southern Pound Cake
- Lemon Pound Cake
- Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Orange Pound Cake
- Eggnog Pound Cake
To add to that ever-growing list of yumminess is my newest creation, Buttermilk Pound Cake with Brown Butter Icing. I’ve changed my classic recipe just a bit by swapping out regular milk with buttermilk. It gives the cake a dense, tender texture that’s so wonderful. If that was not enough, I drizzled on a rich, sweet icing made with brown butter. Wow. Is this pound cake done right or what?
Ingredients For This Recipe:
- Baking Soda
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Confectioners Sugar
Success Tip #1 – make sure that all ingredients are at room temperature.
Success Tip #2 – Liberally butter and flour the cake pan.
Can This Cake Be Frozen?
Yes, it sure can! After baking, let the cake cool completely. Then wrap it tightly with plastic wrap or foil and freeze for up to 3 months. You can also cut slices of the cake, wrap them, and freeze. That way you can thaw and enjoy a piece of cake whenever you want.
How Long Will Buttermilk Pound Cake Keep?
This pound cake will last for 2-3 days (never that long in my house, wink, wink) covered on the countertop.
More Dessert Recipes You Will Love!
Last but not least…
If you make this Buttermilk Pound Cake, be sure to leave a comment and a rating. I always love hearing from you! Also, if you make it, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to see your photo.
Buttermilk Pound Cake With Brown Butter Icing
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 large room temperature eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Liberally butter and flour a (9 to 10 cup) bundt pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl, add the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Using a stand or hand mixer, beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add in eggs, one at a time beating well after each.
- Add half the four mixture and half of the buttermilk and mix well. Repeat and mix. Add in vanilla and blend to incorporate. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn out on to a cake stand and continue to cool.
To make the glaze
- Add butter to a medium-size saucepan and melt over medium heat. When the butter is completely melted start whisking. Butter will foam up. Continue cooking and whisking until the butter has browned.
- Remove butter from the heat and whisk in confectioners sugar, and milk until smooth. Pour glaze over cooled cake. Slice and enjoy!