Classic, beautiful and over the top delicious is what this Brown Sugar and Cream Cheese Pound Cake is all about. This show-stopping dessert is surprisingly easy to make and will wow, friends, family, and party guests any time it’s served!
During those days when it was a little hard to see through the fog, I found a way to help make the day seem a little brighter…cake! I’ve always enjoyed experimenting with different recipes for pound cake and this one has proven to be a winner.
The inspiration for this recipe came from one of my favorite cookbooks, Mastering the Art of Southern Cooking. I changed it just a tad with a bit more brown sugar and vanilla. Those small changes were just what this cake needed!
What You Need To Make This Cake
- Cream Cheese
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- All-purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
More Great Pound Cake Recipes
- Orange Pound Cake
- Lemon Pound Cake
- Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
- Eggnog Pound Cake
- Classic Southern Pound Cake
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Pound Cake
Brown Sugar & Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Brown sugar, cream cheese pound cakePrint Pin Rate
- 1 8- ounce package cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar - packed
- 5 large eggs - room temperature
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan, bundt pan or 2 loaf pans
- Add cream cheese, butter and sugars to mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well about, 1minute after each egg.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Combine buttermilk and vanilla in a small measuring cup and stir.
- Alternate adding flour and milk to butter/egg batter - starting and stopping with flour.
- Pour batter into buttered, floured tube or bundt pan.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or up to 1:15 hours. Check if done with a cake tester or wooden skewer.
- Let cool for 15 minutes then gently remove from pan.