Lemon Pound Cake is made with fresh, squeeze lemon juice and zest for a cake that’s like a taste of summer with every bite. If you love classic pound cake, then you’ll be head over heels for this citrus loaded version!
Happy Friday, friends! The sun is shinning and the weekend is finally here. I thought I’d bring a few rays of sunshine into my house with a little something sweet for my guys. It was an easy choice…pound cake plus lemons, what a great combination. I hope you all had a great week and have some fun things planned for the weekend. We do, and we just might start dinner tonight with cake! Not a bad idea, right?
Lemon Pound Cake
With a bright citrus taste, this lemon pound cake is yummy and easy to make.
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temp (2 sticks)
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs at room temp
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease tube or bundt pan.
- Dust pan with flour; tap out excess.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl at medium speed until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat 5 minutes.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until combined after each egg is added.
- Beat in lemon juice and peel.
- Using rubber spatula, mix in dry ingredients.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Pour batter to prepared pan - batter will be thick.
- Bake cake until tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan on rack 15 minutes. Cut around cake in pan. Turn out cake.
- Carefully turn cake right side up on rack and cool completely.
- For an extra touch - drizzle glaze made of 1 cup confectioners sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice over cake.
Make sure to PIN this recipe HERE to SAVE!