What Goes In Lemon Pound Cake
- Baking Soda
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest
- Sour Cream
Tips For Making This Cake
- Take your time and measure all the ingredients carefully.
- Zest the lemon before you juice it. If you’ve ever tried to zest a lemon or lime after you’ve squeezed it, you know why this step is so important.
- Butter and flour your pan well. The last thing you want is for your cake to stick in the pan.
- Let the cake cool completely before drizzling on the glaze.
For More Great Cake Recipes, Give These A Try
- Old Fashioned Caramel Snack Cake
- Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
- Eggnog Pound Cake
- Angel Food Cake
- Vanilla Sheet Cake with Chocolate Fudge Icing
Lemon Pound Cake
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temp (2 sticks)
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs at room temp
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease tube or bundt pan.
- Dust pan with flour; tap out excess.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl at medium speed until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat 5 minutes.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until combined after each egg is added.
- Beat in lemon juice and peel.
- Using rubber spatula, mix in dry ingredients.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Pour batter to prepared pan - batter will be thick.
- Bake cake until tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan on rack 15 minutes. Cut around cake in pan. Turn out cake.
- Carefully turn cake right side up on rack and cool completely.
- For an extra touch - drizzle glaze made of 1 cup confectioners sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice over cake.
Make sure to PIN this recipe HERE to SAVE!