Get your cheesecake fix with this sweet, creamy, easy to make dip! This no-bake dessert has all the classic flavors of cheesecake yet it’s taken to a whole new level with the addition of fresh fruit, cookies and savory pretzels for dipping.
I am a huge fan of no bake desserts. They are the perfect fit for a busy times and have rescued me from that “what to make for dessert” problem that comes up every now and again. I recently came up with this sweet treat, Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip, while trying to figure out what I’d make for Valentine’s Day as a surprise for my guys.
We tend not to do too much or go all our for “heart day” but I do like to have a little something special for us to enjoy. The funny thing is, we down play Valentine’s Day because there’s two very important days that come right before it. Mr. A Southern Soul and I got married on February 10th and my youngest son was born on the 13th so we’re quite busy that week every year. Nevertheless, I like to show a little love on that special day!
Cheesecake was my inspiration for this dessert. It’s a sweet treat we all love. There are so many great flavor combinations on the list of cheesecake recipes that it was a little hard to decide what to make. That’s where the dip idea came from. If I could get the sweet, cream cheese flavor of cheesecake, add in some chocolate, pare it with fresh fruit and cookies all in one dessert, I’d be in business, right? Well, that’s what happened in the form of dip!
I took the idea I used to make my Three Ingredient Fruit Dip and mixed in additional ingredients for traditional cheesecake flavor. This recipe comes together in less than 15 minutes and is a great choice when you need a dessert that you can make ahead of time. It’s also a great choice to serve when you’ve got to feed a crowd since it can be doubled or tripled easily. As a bonus, the dip packs up and travels well when you need to take something to a covered dish supper or party. Just prep your “dippers” in containers, put your dip in a pretty bowl, grab a tray and head out! You’ll be the star of the event, whether it’s a quiet evening at home with your family, a day celebrating something special or maybe even Valentine’s Day.
More great NO-BAKE desserts ~
- Butterscotch Cookies
- Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Coconut Cream Pie In Jars
- Classic Muddy Buddies
- Peaches and Cream Icebox Cake
- 1 8 oz cream cheese - 1 block at room temperature
- 1 stick butter - room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, rinsed, hulled and halved
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- waffle cones - broken into pieces
- Using a hand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add in powdered sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt and mix until blended. Using a spatula, fold in chocolate chips.
- Place dip in a serving bowl on a serving tray. Add fruit, cookies and pretzels around bowl. Serve!
- Dip can be stored in a covered container in fridge until ready to serve.
Pin this recipe to SAVE on Pinterest! Follow A Southern Soul here.
Items You Might Need For This Recipe
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!