This post may contain affiliate links.
Christmas Snack Mix is a sweet and salty treat that’s so easy to make and is always a favorite at any holiday party! This festive treat is loaded with crunchy ingredients along with just the right amount of chocolate. It’s a no-bake goodie that’s ideal for gift-giving, movie night and get-togethers.
A homemade snack mix is one of my favorite things to make during the holidays. I love making a big batch, packaging it into little bags then tieing it up with a pretty ribbon for my friends and neighbors. It’s become a tradition that I gladly honor.
This year, I’ve come up with what might be my best Christmas Snack Mix ever. I combined three different crunchy ingredients with M&M’s then coated them all with sweet vanilla bark. If the flavor combination was not enough, the fact that it’s a no-bake treat is a huge bonus. With just a couple of bowls, a spatula, and some parchment paper, you can whip up a batch of this cheery snack mix in no time.
What’s In Christmas Snack Mix?
The fun thing about making this treat is that you can totally customize it to your liking. I like to add a combination of 3 crunchy to 1 sweet ingredient for the best ratio. You can also add in your favorite type of nut. I decided to make my mix nut-free this year but you are certainly free to add in whatever you like.
- Pretzels – I found holiday shapes at my local grocery. You can also purchase them here.
- Chex Rice Cereal
- M & M Candy
- Vanilla Almond Bark
How Do You Make This Festive Treat?
This no-bake recipe comes together in a matter of minutes. It’s as simple as measure, melt, and stir.
Begin by measuring out out the pretzels, Bugles, and cereal to a large bowl. I melt the almond bark in the microwave but you can also use a double boiler on the stovetop. Once the bark is melted, pour it over the ingredients in the bowl. Stir to coat then add in the candy pieces. Stir again to make sure all of the ingredients are coated with the melted bark. Place the snack mix on parchment or wax paper. Let the mixture cool and set up which takes about an hour. Break the snack mix into pieces and store in an airtight container.
That’s it! You’ve got yourself a great treat for sharing with folks and enough to enjoy yourself. Merry Christmas!
Want More Holiday Treats? Check These Out
- Tiger Butter Fudge
- Candied Pecans
- Classic Muddy Buddies
- Crockpot Chocolate Peanut Candy
- Sweet & Nutty Snack Mix
- 4 cups rice cereal
- 4 cups Bugles snacks
- 3 cups pretzels
- 1 11 ounce package M&M candy pieces
- 1 16 ounce package vanilla almond bark (1 pound box)
- Line a baking sheet or part of the kitchen counter with wax paper or parchment.
- Add cereal, Bugles, and pretzels to a large bowl. Measure M&M candies and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt vanilla bark. Pour over dry ingredients and stir. Add in candy and stir coating all ingredients with melted bark. Pour snack mix on wax paper or parchment. Let set up for 1 hour. Break apart snack mix and store in an airtight container until ready to enjoy.