This post may contain affiliate links.
Sweet, lovely Snowball Cookies are the perfect Christmas cookie! Made with just 6 ingredients, these cookies are buttery, loaded with little bits of pecans, and are melt in your mouth delicious. They are wonderful to give as a homemade treat and a must-make to share with your loved ones during the holidays.
These sweet little babies are my ABSOLUTE favorite Christmas cookie! I just love them. They are like the ideal mix of butter and pecans with a light texture. Then, when you roll them not once but twice in powdered sugar, you’ve got something magical!
Snowball Cookies are a classic recipe that’s most often made during the holidays. The recipe may seem a bit old-fashioned but I would disagree on that point. I think this light, not too sweet cookie is the ideal treat at Christmas. They are so easy to whip up making them a great cookie to share in gift bags and holiday cookie boxes. Now that I’m thinking about it, I think Snowball Cookies are so delicious they should be made at any time of the year!
Snowball Cookies also go by a couple of other names you might be familiar with. They are sometimes called Mexican Wedding Cookies or Russian Tea Cakes. They are super yummy served with a hot cup of coffee or tea and amazing with Mulled Apple Cider.
What You Need To Make Snowball Cookies
- Confectioners Sugar
How To Make These Cookies
- Cream together the butter and sugar then add in the vanilla. You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer which is what I use.
- Next, add in the dry ingredients. Fold in the chopped pecans until the batter is well mixed.
- Scoop out the dough and shape into balls. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven.
- While the cookies are warm, roll them in powdered (confectioners) sugar.
- To make them extra special and delicious, once the cookies are cool, roll them a second time in the sugar.
- Lastly, pop one in your mouth for the best sweet bite ever!
More Holiday Treats You’ll Love
- Ambrosia Macaroon Cookies
- Coconut Date Balls
- Chocolate Fruit Dip
- Christmas Snack Mix
- Coconut Macaroons
- Tiger Butter Fudge
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the softened butter and powdered sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and mix. Add the flour, and salt and mix until incorporated.
- Gently fold in pecans. Using a #40 (about 1 ½ tablespoon) scoop, measure out dough and roll into a ball. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the oven for approximately 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-8 minutes. While cookies are warm roll in powdered sugar. Let cookies cool completely then roll in sugar a second time.
- Serve immediately.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 4-5 days.