This post may contain affiliate links.
Sweet, lovely Snowball Cookies are the perfect Christmas cookie! Made with just 6 ingredients, these cookies are buttery, loaded with little bits of pecans, and are melt in your mouth delicious. They are wonderful to give as a homemade treat and a must-make to share with your loved ones during the holidays.
These sweet little babies are my ABSOLUTE favorite Christmas cookie! I just love them. They are like the ideal mix of butter and pecans with a light texture. Then, when you roll them not once but twice in powdered sugar, you’ve got something magical!
Snowball Cookies are a classic recipe that’s most often made during the holidays. The recipe may seem a bit old-fashioned but I would disagree on that point. I think this light, not too sweet cookie is the ideal treat at Christmas. They are so easy to whip up making them a great cookie to share in gift bags and holiday cookie boxes. Now that I’m thinking about it, I think Snowball Cookies are so delicious they should be made at any time of the year!
Snowball Cookies also go by a couple of other names you might be familiar with. They are sometimes called Mexican Wedding Cookies or Russian Tea Cakes. They are super yummy served with a hot cup of coffee or tea and amazing with Mulled Apple Cider.
What You Need To Make Snowball Cookies
- Confectioners Sugar
How To Make These Cookies
- Cream together the butter and sugar then add in the vanilla. You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer which is what I use.
- Next, add in the dry ingredients. Fold in the chopped pecans until the batter is well mixed.
- Scoop out the dough and shape into balls. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven.
- While the cookies are warm, roll them in powdered (confectioners) sugar.
- To make them extra special and delicious, once the cookies are cool, roll them a second time in the sugar.
- Lastly, pop one in your mouth for the best sweet bite ever!
More Holiday Treats You’ll Love
- Ambrosia Macaroon Cookies
- Coconut Date Balls
- Chocolate Fruit Dip
- Christmas Snack Mix
- Coconut Macaroons
- Tiger Butter Fudge
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 ½ cups confectioners sugar to roll cookies in
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the softened butter and powdered sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and mix. Add the flour, and salt and mix until incorporated.
- Gently fold in pecans. Using a #40 (about 1 ½ tablespoon) scoop, measure out dough and roll into a ball. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the oven for approximately 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-8 minutes. While cookies are warm roll in powdered sugar. Let cookies cool completely then roll in sugar a second time.
- Serve immediately.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
Recipe looks delicious, but I don’t have a mixer. I don’t bake alot…but my daughter loves these.
Thank you for recipe snowball cookies they were awesome double sugar is
The best three batches gone in twenty minutes
Five stars 🌟
Thank you so much!! I so appreciate the outstanding rating.
Easy delicious recipe
Thank you 😊 so much
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the excellent rating.
I have sweet memories of these cookies! My mom used to make them every Christmas and I’ve looked for a recipe to give them a try myself. This looks great! Thanks! (I love so many of your recipes AND your newsletter!)
A Happy Fan,
Thank you for your kind words. I hope you’ll try the recipe. It’s really easy and the cookies are SO GOOD.
You’ve made my day!
These cookies look beautiful and bring back such great memories. Thanks for the recipe!