This post may contain affiliate links.
Mom’s Homemade Fudge is a rich, chocolaty tradition that everyone loves! It’s simple to make with just 5 ingredients and the best treat to enjoy or to give for the holidays!
My Mom was all about making things easy when it came to cooking. She was known for using recipe shortcuts that delivered big flavor. And her recipe for Homemade Fudge is proof that you don’t need anything fancy to make one of the holiday’s most beloved treats.
Making this fudge couldn’t be easier! With very little cooking involved, you can make this rich, decadent candy in just minutes. The hardest part is waiting for it to cool.
When it comes to making holiday treats, homemade fudge along with Snowball Cookies, Coconut Date Balls and Christmas Snack Mix are always on my gift-giving list. But…I always keep a little stash for myself!
Ingredients For Mom’s Homemade Fudge
It’s really hard to believe that something this good can be made with just 5-ingredients!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – rich, creamy and sweet.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – make sure to use good quality chocolate for the best flavor.
- Pure Vanilla Extract – adds a balance of flavor to the chocolate.
- Real Butter – for a rich flavor along making the fudge smooth and glossy.
- Salt – only a pinch is needed to bring all the flavors together.
Options For This Recipe
There are so many yummy ingredients you can add to this recipe. Once the chocolate is melted and the ingredients are smooth and creamy, toss in a cup of what you like.
- Nuts – I like chopped pecans, but walnuts or hazelnuts are great, too.
- Dried fruit
- Chocolate chips
PRO TIP: lightly coat your baking pan with cooking spray, then line with parchment or waxed paper. The spray allows the paper to stick to the pan, making it easy to pour in the hot fudge.
How To Store Homemade Fudge
Store the fudge in an airtight container. It will last 2 weeks at room temperature and up to a month stored in the refrigerator.
You can also freeze Mom’s Homemade Fudge. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and freeze up to three months. I like to cut it into squares and freeze a few pieces so that I’ll have a sweet treat to serve for dessert or to share with friends.
More Holiday Treats You’ll Love!
- Eggnog Cheesecake Dip
- Sweet And Spicy Roasted Nuts
- Eggnog Pound Cake
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- When all ingredients are melted and the fudge is smooth and creamy, add in ¾ of the chopped pecans.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle remaining pecan over top.