This post may contain affiliate links.
Crunchy and perfectly seasoned, Air Fryer Roasted Nuts are a delicious snack, perfect for sprinkling on salads and great for entertaining. Toasting nuts in an air fryer just takes a few minutes and is the best way to bring out the most flavor in these heart-healthy treats.
If you are looking for a yummy snack for a party of one or need an easy-to-make appetizer when you’re entertaining, you have come to the right place. This recipe for Air Fryer Roasted Nuts checks both of those boxes.
This mix of roasted pecans and almonds is ridiculously good. Air frying the nuts brings out their natural flavor and toasts them beautifully. I mean, who doesn’t love a 6-ingredients recipe that takes just 15 minutes to make?
What You Need To Make Air Fryer Roasted Nuts
- Raw Pecans
- Raw Almonds
- Kosher Salt
I made this recipe using a Ninja 4-quart air fryer. It’s super easy to use, cooks evenly and has a non-stick interior making clean-up a breeze.
Variations On This Recipe
This is one of those recipes that is so easy to change and make your own. You can go the savory or sweet route and even make them spicy.
- Nut options – walnuts, cashews, pepitas, pistachios, macadamia, peanuts. Any combination of your favorite nuts will work.
- Sweet candied nuts – add maple syrup or brown sugar and a bit of cinnamon.
- Smoky flavor – add a drop or two of liquid smoke and a teaspoon of cumin. Garlic powder and paprika are also great additions.
- Extra spicy nuts – double the cayenne pepper and add a dash of hot sauce to the butter.
- You can substitute olive oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil for the butter if desired.
How Long Do You Roast Nuts In The Air Fryer?
There is very little prep time with this recipe. Stir everything together in a mixing bowl, then it’s time to roast the nuts. Set the air fryer temperature to 300 degrees and cook the nuts for 10-12 minutes.
Pro Tips: make sure to give the air fryer basket a good shake halfway through the cooking time. This ensures even roasting and helps keep the nuts from sticking together. Also, do not overcrowd the basket of the air fryer. Add the nuts in a single layer and roast in batches if needed.
How To Store Roasted Nuts?
After roasting the nuts, let them cool completely before storing them. Keep them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Great Ways To Serve Air Fryer Roasted Pecans And Almonds
- My favorite way to eat these air-fried nuts is straight out of the container! They have loads of crunch and taste great right on their own.
- I like to give them a rough chop and add them to Spinach Pear Salad, Everyday Green Salad, or Broccoli Apple Salad.
- They make a great addition to Roasted Butternut Squash, Carrot Salad, and Sweet Potato Soup.
- Chop them and add to Apple Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread or French Toast Casserole.
Craving More Nut Recipes? Try These:
More Air Fryer Recipes
- 1 ½ cup raw pecans
- 1 ½ cup raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Mix butter, honey, cayenne pepper, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Add in pecans and almonds and toss to coat.
- Add nuts to the basket of an air fryer in a single layer. Set temperature to 300 degrees and timer to 10 minutes. Shake the basket at the 5-minute mark and continue to cook. Shake basket and cook nuts for 1-2 more minutes if needed until golden brown.
- Place roasted nuts on a baking sheet or cutting board to cool. Serve or store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Want To Know More About Air Frying?
If you are new to cooking with an Air Fryer or just don’t know where to start, I’ve got something to help. I’ve put together a helpful guide with tips and recipes to get you using the Air Fryer like a pro!