Cool, creamy, Lemon Icebox Pie is a classic dessert that never goes out of style. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this pie is the perfect sweet treat for summer!
Lately, I’ve been on a dessert making kick. Maybe it’s because I’ve been hosting several parties, going to covered dish suppers or it might be because my family has been begging for something sweet. The treats I’ve been whipping up have not been complicated. They’ve been easy to make with store bought “shortcut” ingredients and when served. get rave reviews. That sounds like a winning combination to me!
There are times when taking the liberty of buying pre-made ingredients at the grocery store is a must. Like when you’re running short on time, have to make multiple quantities of a dish or maybe when you’re just plain tuckered out. All of these sound like good reasons to me and you’ll not find me sitting in the judgement chair, for sure.
Now, here’s the thing, I try really, really hard to cook from scratch but there are times when I have to get over myself and just go for it. With there being so many delicious, high quality ingredients that can be purchased in the grocery store these days, it seems kind of silly not to take advantage of using them as short cuts. So, that’s what’s been happening with my dessert making lately. I am proud to say, all of my recipes have turned out terrific and this Lemon Icebox Pie might just be the best of them all, It’s made with a prepared graham cracker crust, lemon Jello, Cool Whip with a healthy amount of fresh lemon juice and zest. This is no stress, easy cooking at it’s best!
What you’ll need to make Classic Lemon Icebox Pie:
- prepared graham cracker crust
- lemon Jello
- Cool Whip topping
So, friends, if your’re like me and sometimes want to get a homemade dessert on the table but can’t spend a lot of time and worry over baking from scratch, then I’m giving you full permission to hit the grocery store and load up on great ingredients to pull off a dessert masterpiece!
More “store bought” short cut dessert recipes:
- Strawberry Jello Pie
- Chocolate Strawberrry Cream Cheese Phyllo Cups
- Banana Pudding Trifle
- Pecan Pie Tart Bites
Classic Lemon Icebox PiePrint Rate
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
- 1 3 oz box - lemon Jello
- 2 8 oz containers Cool Whip topping
- 1 lemon
- Zest and juicy lemon. Set aside
- Prepare jello using 2/3 cup of hot water and 1 cup of ice cold water. Stir until Jello is dissolved and starts to thicken. Add in 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon of zest to jello. Gently fold in 1 container of Cool Whip and blend until mixture is smooth. Pour into pie crust. Cover and chill for 2 hours.**Set aside leftover zest for pie topping.
- When pie is set, removed cover and top with additional Cool Whip and remaining zest. Serve immediately.