Homemade Banana Pudding Trifle is a classic, Southern dish that’s required for any holiday or special occasion. Layered bananas, cookies, pudding and fresh whipped cream come together for a show stopping dessert that’s downright heavenly!
I have a confession to make. I’ve been holding out on you with this banana pudding recipe. I didn’t do it intentionally, I just kind of forgot. The funny thing is, I make this dish at holidays and for family celebrations and it disappears so quickly that it just slipped my mind to share the recipe. But today, I’m changing that! Here’s my “no-bake,” easy, absolutely divine, Banana Pudding Trifle.
If you’re from the South, then most likely, you grew up eating Banana Pudding. I have fond memories of enjoying a pretty dessert cup filled with layers of bananas, soft cookies, pudding and whipped cream. There wasn’t and still isn’t anything quite like a bite of cool, luscious banana pudding and I guess that’s why it’s become such a beloved dessert that’s stood the test of time.
How to make my Banana Pudding Trifle
My version of this classic dessert is so easy to make and requires no baking or cooking. I’ve taken all the traditional flavors of Banana Pudding and added my own shortcuts. I’ve changed out the cooked custard filling for a rich, mousse-like vanilla filling that’s absolutely sensational. I use fresh whipped cream, (you can use store bought whipped topping if you like) because I’ve saved time on the filling and to be honest, there’s just nothing quite like fresh whipped cream. To display this dish as the true show stopper that it is, I layer everything in a trifle bowl just to make sure everyone can see just how special this dessert really is!
Now that I’ve come clean and am sharing my recipe, I hope you’ll forgive me by making it for yourself. It truly is a dish that deserves to be served at any holiday meal, special celebration or maybe when you want to make someone smile.
- 1 1/2 boxes vanilla wafers
- 6-7 ripe bananas - sliced
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 5 oz box french vanilla pudding
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese - room temperature
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- In a 9"/5 quart glass bowl cover bottom with 2 layers of vanilla wafers. Next, layer half of bananas over wafers.
- Place heavy cream and powered sugar in a large bowl. Using a stick blender, pulse on and off, whipping cream and sugar together until stiff peaks are formed. Place in refrigerator until needed.
- In a medium size bowl, blend together milk, vanilla extract and vanilla pudding packet using a hand mixer. Add in cream cheese and condensed milk and blend until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of whipped cream to mixture. Layer half of mixture over bananas. Add half of whipped cream over vanilla pudding mixture.
- Repeat all steps ending with whipped cream on top. Add crushed vanilla cookies to top of dish. Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for minimum of one hour, or until ready to serve.
Pin this recipe HERE to save!
Items You Might Need For This Recipe
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Price: Out of stock
Price: Out of stock