Ok friends, it’s time for a kitchen confession…yes, I use packaged ranch dressing mix. Whew, now that I’ve got that off my chest, let me tell you how I make that yummy creamy dressing, that’s packed with fresh herbs, even better.
I know it may not seem like a big deal to mix up a batch up dried herbs and spices to make your own ranch mix but let’s get real, sometimes I’m out of one or the other key ingredients so it’s just easier to rip open that little blue & white package.
I change things up a bit by adding buttermilk and lemon juice to brighten things up then I dump in lots of fresh herbs to intensify the flavor. This dressing is especially good on green salads with strawberries, oranges & pecans since you get that sweet/savory pop of flavor going on.
Then there’s one of my favorites – fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and onions, YUM. So grab a package or two of ranch dressing mix, some fresh herbs then sit back and take all the credit for a delicious semi-homemade salad dressing!
Fool everyone and make them think you made ranch dressing from scratch with this semi-homemade ranch dressing.
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
- ½ cup milk - I use 2%
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place all ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together until well blended.
- If dressing is too thick, add more milk until desired consistency.