Loaded with sausage, eggs, and cheese, this super yummy casserole is guaranteed to have everyone running to the breakfast table! Egg and Sausage Breakfast Casserole is a terrific make-ahead recipe that’s great to serve during the holidays, and perfect for brunch or for supper.
In case I’ve never shared this little piece of info, please accept my apologies. For the record, my family LOVES breakfast! It doesn’t matter if I’m serving French Toast Bread Pudding, Three Cheese Quiche, Grits Casserole, or Ham And Cheese Egg Cups, they are all in.
Of course, since breakfast food is such a hit around here, it was appropriate that I come up with some sort of recipe that combines a few of our favorite things. That’s how Egg and Sausage Breakfast Casserole was born.
Why You’ll Love Egg & Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- it’s a make-ahead recipe saving you time and energy on busy mornings.
- is eggy and cheesy with juicy sausage sprinkled throughout.
- made with just 6 simple ingredients.
- is the perfect way to start your day!
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Crescent Rolls
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
Tips For Making Egg & Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Make the cassserole according to the directions. Cover and place in the fridge until you are ready to bake.
If you don’t care for cheddar cheese, no worries, just substitute whatever kind of cheese you like. Mexican Cheese Blend, Smoked Gouda, or Pepper Jack also add great flavor.
You can also sub out bacon or ham for the sausage if you’re not a fan.
If you’re lucky enough to have some leftovers, you can keep them stored, covered in the fridge. To reheat, just pop them in the microwave until warmed through.
More Great Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
- Cheesy Sausage Cornbread Quiche
- Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish
- Ham and Cheese Strata
- Skillet Cinnamon Apples
- Sausage and Cheese Bread
Let me know if you make this recipe! You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 12 eggs – whisked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – shredded
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Crumble sausage in a medium skillet and cook until done. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Lightly coat a 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray. Unroll crescent rolls and pinch together seams to make one large pastry.
- Sprinkle sausage over crescent rolls. Top with shredded cheese.
- Whisk eggs in a medium size bowl. Add milk, garlic power, salt and pepper and mix until blended.
- Pour eggs over sausage and cheese. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until edges are brown and eggs are set.
- Remove from oven, cut into squares and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links.