Homemade Greek Salad Dressing is so simple to make and is so much better than anything you can buy at the store! It’s bright, fresh with just the right amount of garlic and herbs. It’s so good drizzled over lettuce, feta, and olives and also makes a terrific marinade.
There’s a little secret about how A Southern Soul started. It was all because of my homemade salad dressings. Mr. SS has always loved them. The thing is, I’d make a dressing, we’d rave over it, then I’d forget how I made it. After a bit of fuffing and puffing, I was coaxed into writing down the recipes and writing this blog. This story seems quite funny but, I’m still making homemade salad dressings and my venture has turned into something special.
Homemade dressings are so delicious and this Greek Dressing is no exception. It can be made in a matter of minutes with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
This Homemade Dressing Is
- zesty and packed with flavor from dried thyme and oregano.
- has no preservatives or added ingredients – just pure homemade goodness.
- perfect to serve with a classic Greek salad made with fresh lettuce, creamy feta cheese, olives, and peppers.
- doubles as a marinade for chicken, pork, and perfect for flank steak.
- so easy to make that you’ll keep in your fridge at the ready!
Ingredients To Make Greek Salad Dressing
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Dried Thyme
- Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper
This dressing comes together in no time and you don’t need any fancy equipment to make it. Depending on how much dressing I need, I use two different methods to make it. Here’s what I do:
- I put all the ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake to blend.
- I add the ingredients to a small bowl and use a whisk to blend.
How Long Will Greek Salad Dressing Keep?
Greek Salad Dressing should be stored in an airtight container like a cruet or jar with a lid. Keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. This dressing will keep for 7 to 10 days properly stored.
More Delicious Salad Dressing Recipes:
Last but not least…
If you make this Greek Salad Dressing recipe, be sure to leave a comment and a rating. I always love hearing from you! Also, if you make it, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to see your photo.
Homemade Greek Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 large clove minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Add all ingredients to a bowl or a jar with a lid and whisk/shake until blended.
- Store in a cruet or jar with a lid in the refrigerator until ready to use. This dressing will keep 7-10 days.
This post may contain affiliate links.
If you’re craving all the bright flavors of summer, then this collection of 15 Fresh Salad Recipes is what you need! They are loaded with healthy veggies and fruits, with light healthy dressings that are sure to brighten any meal you make.