For the easiest, yummiest no-bake dessert, ever, Cherry Delight served in jars is a sure-fire winner! It’s sweet, creamy, and great to serve at any summer gathering, party or during the holidays.
This simple little dessert has quickly garnered a cult following. Here’s how it happened…
A couple of weeks ago, I had Hunter and 4 of his friends over for our normal Sunday night supper. I’d not seen the kids in a while so I pulled out all the stops with the menu. The weather was perfect so we grilled out and filled our plates with all kinds of good food. Of course, that included dessert. I served this new dessert to my guests and they went crazy! No joke. Not only was there none left but the next week I got two Instagram text messages asking if I’d posted the recipe yet. Well, here it is, kids.
What You Need To Make No Bake Cherry Delight
- Graham Crackers
- Cream Cheese
- Confectioners Sugar
- Heavy Cream
- Cherry Pie Filling
I love how easy this dessert is to make. I also adore that you can change things up by adding whatever type of fruit you like. If cherries are not your thing, then go for blueberries. For a seasonal twist, I’m looking forward to making it in the fall using apples.
To pull off this recipe successfully, follow these tips:
- To make the graham cracker crust, use one sleeve of graham cracker plus a couple of extra crackers. Put them into a ziplock bag. Crush them (I use the bottom of a small cast-iron skillet) then add in the sugar and melted butter. No need to dirty a bowl since you are mixing everything up in the bag.
- Make sure to set out the cream cheese to soften before mixing up the filling.
- You can make this in a casserole dish but serving it in jars is super fun. I use wide mouth jars since they are so much easier to fill.
- Plan ahead when making this dessert. It needs to chill in the fridge for about 2 hours before serving.
Want More Cool And Creamy Desserts? Check Out These Recipes:
- Coconut Cream Pie In Jars
- Peaches And Cream Icebox Cake
- Strawberry Jello Pie
- Classic Lemon Icebox Pie
Let me know if you make this recipe!
You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul.
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- Mix together crushed graham crackers, sugar and butter. Spoon into the bottom of mason jars. Pack down the mixture with the back of a spoon to make the crust.
- In a medium-size bowl, beat the heavy cream with a hand mixer until firm peaks form.
- In another bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese and confectioners sugar until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream. Using a spoon, layer the cream cheese mixture over the crust in each jar. Top with cherry pie filling. Place jars in the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
Can these be made a day ahead or will crust get soggy? I need 20 for a picnic.
Yes, you can absolutely make them ahead of time! They’re a great picnic food, I hope you enjoy. Let me know how you like them!
Can these be frozen?
Hey there Rachel!
Thank you so much for your interest in this recipe, I think you’ll love it, they’re delicious! Yes, they are freezer-friendly, all you need to do is make the recipe as it’s stated and then close up the mason jars with the lid and then place them in the freezer. They will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months as long as the mason jar is air tight, to defrost them just place the jars into the fridge until a couple hours prior to serving. I hope this is helpful, let me know how everything turns out!
if you do the casserole, what size should one use?
I use a three-quart size pan. Hope this helps!
Where do you find wide mouth jars?
I have provided a link to the jars I use on the recipe. Just click the orange highlighted text (wide mouth jars) in the post.
Have a great day!