Make these chicken legs as soon as you can! They are sweet, sticky and full of garlicky flavor and are absolutely irresistible. They’re made on a sheet pan and done in 30 minutes which means you’ll have lots of smiles around the the supper table.
You know friends, from time to time, even the most motivated person needs a little inspiration. That’s what happened to me recently when it came time to cook dinner for my family. Of course, I have my go-to list of recipe favorites but there absolutely nothing there that got me excited to get in the kitchen. So, I decided to search a few blog sites from a couple of my friends to see what they’d been cooking. I jotted down a few ideas then started “shopping my pantry” for ingredients. For the items I didn’t have on hand, I headed to my local farmers market then to the grocery to grab everything I needed. At that point I was ready to cook!
Here’s one of the recipes I came up with and we enjoyed these sticky, flavor packed chicken legs last night. I have to give a great big THANK YOU to my friend Leah who inspired my dish. You can find her delicious chicken leg recipe her.
Other great chicken recipes to enjoy ~
- Perfect Roast Lemon Chicken
- Easy Oven Roasted Chicken Breasts
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- Oven Fried Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Pineapple Skewers
- Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken Thighs
- Southern Style Chicken Stew
Orange Garlic Chicken Legs
- 8-10 chicken legs
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (1/2 teaspoon if using dried)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a medium size bowl mix soy sauce and remaining 6 ingredients.
- Place chicken pieces in a large zip lock bag. Reserve 1/2 cup of marinade. Divide into 2 separate bowls for basting chicken during cooking process. Save about 2 tablespoons if desired to drizzle at end of cooking.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with parchment or tin foil. Fit all chicken pieces on pan and place in oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Baste chicken with marinade and turn. Cook additional 20 minutes.
- Baste chicken and turn once more. Cook for 10 minutes or until chick is thoroughly cooked and browned.
- Drizzle with any remaining sauce and serve.