This post may contain affliliate links.
Enjoy this easy-to-make Buffalo Chicken on sandwiches, in dips, salads, sliders, or pizza! Buffalo Chicken, made with just 5 ingredients cooked low and slow in the Crock Pot, is a recipe with so many uses! It’s a must-make on game day, for parties, or a weeknight meal.
When life gets busy, and I feel pulled in 20 different directions, it’s easy to get overwhelmed, especially with the age-old question “What’s for dinner” coming from a hungry family. One of the ways I take back a little control of the craziness is with my slow cooker.
Most weeks, I use it for at least one meal, especially when you have recipes that are perfect for cooking in the crock pot.
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken, made with just 5-ingredients is the ultimate recipe for the slow cooker! This flavor-packed recipe has multiple uses, too. Pile it high on toasted buns, or make sliders. Make it into a creamy Buffalo Chicken dip served with chips and celery sticks. The ideas might just be endless!
Pin This Recipe Here
Ingredients For Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken
- Chicken Breasts – boneless skinless chicken thighs can also be used.
- Ranch Seasoning – add garlic powder, onion powder, or red pepper for extra flavor.
- Buffalo Hot Sauce – your favorite brand
- Sour Cream
Equipment Needed For This Recipe
You’ll need a slow cooker for this recipe. I have a few different sizes that I use depending on how much food I’m cooking. You can also use a multi-cooker, most often called an Instant Pot. Here are my favorite slow cookers:
How To Make Buffalo Chicken
- Cut the butter into chunks and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the butter. Make sure to use thawed chicken. Using frozen chicken is not recommended for use in the crockpot. The chicken will spend too long in the “danger zone” at room temperature as it thaws and can grow bacteria.
- Sprinkle the ranch seasoning over the chicken breasts.
- Pour a whole bottle of buffalo wing sauce over all ingredients.
- Place the lid on the crock pot, set temperature and time.
- When chicken is cooked, shred with two forks.
- Add in sour cream and mix everything together.
That’s it! You are ready to dig in. I’m not sure a recipe could get any easier, especially one that has so many delicious uses.
Can Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Be Frozen?
Yes, it sure can. Follow the directions for making the recipe. After cooking, let the chicken cool, then place it in either a freezer-safe, airtight container or zip-top bag. When ready to use, thaw the chicken in the fridge overnight. Heat it on the stove and enjoy!
How To Serve 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken
- Go classic with it piled on a toasted bun
- Make buffalo chicken sliders by slicing Hawaiian rolls in half horizontally, then layering on the buffalo chicken. Drizzle on garlic butter, then toast in the oven.
- Add a few spoonfuls to crispy lettuce, then drizzle on homemade Blue Cheese Dressing and extra blue cheese crumbles.
- For a fun twist on pizza, make Buffalo Chicken Flatbread loaded with irresistible flavors.
Make Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip is a quick and easy appetizer that is sure to be a hit at your next party! Made with slow-cooked buffalo chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and loaded with your favorite wing sauce, it’s a hot, creamy dip that will have everyone begging you for the recipe. Serve it with tortilla chips and celery or carrots.
What To Serve With Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken
- Blue Cheese Coleslaw
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Mexican Corn Dip
- Smoked Gouda Cheese Grits
- Cucumber and Onion Refrigerator Pickles
More Great Slow Cooker Recipes You’ll Love!
- Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan
- Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef
- Crock Pot Hawaiian Meatballs
- Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken Sliders
- 4- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package ranch dressing
- 1 bottle buffalo hot sauce
- 1 heaping tablespoon sour cream
- 5 tablespoons butter cut into individual measurements
- Put pats of butter in bottom of slow cooker and layer chicken on top.
- Sprinkle ranch dressing on top of chicken.
- Pour buffalo sauce over chicken. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4.
- With two forks, shred chicken, add sour cream and mix well with sauce.
- To freeze, after cooking, let the chicken cool, then place it in either a freezer-safe, airtight container or zip-top bag. When ready to use, thaw the chicken in the fridge overnight.
Want To Know More About Slow Cooking?
If you are new to cooking with a Crock Pot or just don’t know where to start, I’ve got something to help. I’ve put together a helpful guide with tips and recipes to get you using a slow cooker like a pro!
This post was originally posted in September 2014.