If you love the flavor of buffalo wings, then this recipe is for you! Tender chicken cooked in the slow cooker loaded with spicy buffalo taste is winner.
This week I got a little inspiration from my buddy Stacey Little, blogger & writer of the cookbook, The Southern Bite. I took a few of the ingredients from an appetizer recipe and turned it into something for the slow cooker…buffalo chicken! I think this recipe has a few extra lives like turning it into a hot dip, nachos or served over a baked potato. This is one easy dish that solves so many problems…mostly, just helping to keep this Southern Soul sane.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- 4- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package ranch dressing
- 1 bottle buffalo hot sauce
- 1 heaping tablespoon sour cream
- 5 tablespoons butter cut into individual measurements
- Put pats of butter in bottom of slow cooker and layer chicken on top.
- Sprinkle ranch dressing on top of chicken.
- Pour buffalo sauce over chicken and cook on low for 5 hours.
- With two forks, shred chicken, add sour cream and mix well with sauce.