Ugh, I mean, yippee – it’s time for mid-term exams. While this is not a time of extreme happiness for my son, he is looking forward to getting them over with, then moving on to the new semester. My guy worked really hard this past weekend, studying and putting the finishing touches on his projects. My heart went out to him and I wanted to help him get through it the best way possible. Of course, I can’t do any of the work for him but I can make sure he’s fueled up. I planned out a list of different snacks throughout the weekend, and included these warm, savory pizza bites.I was inspired by a snack I’d seen in the frozen section of the grocery store but decided to make my own so that I could control what ingredients were used. I used low-fat pepperoni and mozzarella along with crescent rolls, dried herbs and garlic powder.After baking about 20 minutes in the oven, my savory bites came out golden brown. YUM! I had to let these babies rest a bit because they were piping hot from cooking on my baking stone. Funny thing is, they didn’t “rest” for long because my studious son took a break and strolled through the kitchen and went to WORK. Moms…you know what that means! I had planned to heat up some of my homemade mariana sauce for dipping but didn’t get that far. WHAT? Yep, that boy just dug right in and those pizza bites were gone before I could even ask him about the sauce. Oh well, no worries. Guess next time I make these I’ll have the marina sauce ready first!
Gooey cheese and pepperoni nestled in a crescent roll are turned into a yummy, fun pizza snack.
- 2 rolls crescent rolls
- 6 mozzarella sticks - cut into 3rds
- 1 package low-fat pepperoni - 48 rounds needed
- 1 egg - beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- garlic powder
- dried Italian herb blend
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside or use a baking stone.
- Line counter with parchment paper or wax paper. Lay out crescent triangles on paper. Place 2 slices of pepperoni on long edge of dough and 1 more in the middle. Add cheese stick on top of the 2 pepperoni slices and roll up to form a bundle. Continue until all 16 bundles are made.
- Brunch bundles with egg wash and sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian herbs. Place on prepared baking pan and cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to serving platter and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with warm marinara sauce - RECIPE HERE.