Ooey, gooey, cheesey goodness baked with pepperoni is a warm dip that’s like a slice of pizza on a chip! I don’t think there’s one thing about this dish that I don’t love!
Lately, the weather around here has been crazy and afternoon storms have been rolling in. That means my guys have been hanging out, doing some summer reading or better yet, having a few friends over. Either way, there’s always a snack involved. Last week, all of us were tired of the “favorites” so I needed to add something new. I’m glad I had a stocked pantry and fridge because this dish came together in no time flat! I think I’ve got a new favorite to add to my list…
Baked Pepperoni Dip
If you're looking for a new snack dip, this baked pepperoni dip will fit the bill.Print Pin Rate
- 8 oz cream cheese , room temp*
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small can tomato sauce*
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 clove grated garlic
- dash of red pepper
- dash of salt
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese , halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- In a separate bowl, mix tomato sauce, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Layer cheese mixture on the bottom of a baking dish or pie pan.
- Spread tomato sauce over cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle on chopped pepperoni.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with reserved 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese is melted.
- Serve with corn chips or veggie sticks.
Bottled pizza sauce can be used if you have it on hand - I make my own since I always have tomato sauce in the pantry. To bring refrigerated cream cheese to room temp, heat a mug/small bowl of water in microwave for 1 minute. Open cream cheese packet, cut into squares and place on a plate. Put cream cheese into microwave along with the hot water and close door. Leave in for 1 minute - DO NOT turn microwave on. Cream cheese should be soft enough to work with after 1 minute.