After ladling up a bowl of this beautiful, creamy soup, I added a few savory, homemade croutons, a drizzle of sour cream and dinner was served. This recipe makes enough soup for 4 along with a couple of extra servings for lunch the next day. What a nice way to start thinking about all the comforts of fall…
Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
- 3-4 sweet potatoes - scrubbed and sliced
- 2 carrots - scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves - peeled
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup half & half
- hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes, carrots & garlic on a sheet tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss to coat.
- Roast vegetables in oven approximated 25 minutes or until golden brown and fork tender.
- Place roasted vegetables in blender along with chicken stock, paprika adding a dash or two of hot sauce.
- Blend until very smooth - you can also use a blender, immersion blender or food processor - whatever you have.
- Pour into a medium size stock pot and place on medium low heat setting.
- Add half & half as soup warms. Taste and adjust seasonings and continue to cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serve with addition hot sauce, sour cream and homemade croutons.
Check out my recipes for Homemade Croutons ~ CLICK HERE.