Smokey and slightly spicy, these sweet potatoes might just be the best veggie ever to come off your grill. They are ridiculously easy to whip up and are a nice surprise to serve alongside just about any summertime meal. You all already know how much I love to grill so, it was kinda of a no-brainer for me to head outside and throw these babies on the fire.To let you in on a little secret, I serve sweet potatoes at least once a week. They are Mr. A Southern Soul’s fav and the boys love them too. With all that love flowing, I am always looking for ways cook this yummy veggie. My newest creation is loaded with flavor thanks to smokey paprika and Montreal steak seasoning. The low flame of the grill sears the sweet potatoes and add that “something extra” to what can be an ordinary side dish.Not only is this new recipe terrific, it’s also easy to make. The shortcut for cooking comes for a little help from the microwave. I just scrub the potatoes, prick them with a fork and cook them in the microwave for a few minutes until tender. Next, just let them cool until you are ready to grill them.
This past weekend, I served my flavor packed sweet potatoes with grilled burgers and sautéed mushrooms. By all accounts, it was an awesome dinner! So, it looks like I’ll be adding this new creation to my weekly rotation.
Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes. Prick with fork and cook in microwave approximately 5 - 7 minutes until tender. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Gently slice sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle on smoked paprika and steak seasoning. Place, flat side down on hot grill. Cook for 5 minutes or until potatoes are slightly caramelized and grill marks appear.
- Remove from heat. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt if desired. Serve.