This post is sponsored by my friends at Dan-O’s Seasoning, but all opinions expressed are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support my family and me.
Perfectly seasoned sweet potatoes cooked in the air fryer are a french fry lover’s dream! These fries are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and when you add in a spicy dipping sauce, you’ve got a match made in heaven.
Elevate your French Fry game with a game-changing recipe. Brace yourself for an extraordinary experience with these Air Fried Sweet Potato Fries. They boast a delectable crispiness on the outside, while maintaining a tender and soft inside that will leave you utterly captivated.
Say goodbye to the mess and excess fat from deep-frying, as these fries are cooked to perfection in the air fryer. The best part? You can whip up a generous batch in under 30 minutes, making them an ideal choice for a quick and satisfying treat. Get ready to savor the irresistible combination of crispness and tenderness in every bite!
What Makes These Sweet Potato Fries So Good?
- First, it’s all in the seasoning. My go-to is Dan-O’s Original Seasoning. It enhances whatever you sprinkle it on, adding that “something special” from its flavor blend. As a bonus, it’s all natural, has zero sugar and is low sodium.
- Second, air frying instead of deep-frying. These sweet potato fries are crispy, crunchy, light and tender. Just like a perfect french fry should be!
- Last, I’ve added a spicy dipping sauce that is off the chart delicious! It’s creamy with a spicy kick from Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning and hot sauce.
What’s Needed To Make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
The ingredients for this recipe are super simple. Here’s what you need:
- Sweet Potatoes – choose small to medium size potatoes that are firm with very little blemishes.
- Avocado Oil – or neutral oil you may have on hand.
- Dan-O’s Original Seasoning – you can find it HERE.
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Parsley
Tips On How To Cook Sweet Potatoes In The Air Fryer
- Make sure to cut the sweet potatoes about the same size. This will ensure that they cook evenly.
- Season the fries really well. Sweet Potatoes are the perfect canvas for this all-natural seasoning, so don’t skimp here.
- Shake the basket of the air fryer halfway through cooking. Pull out the basket, give it a good shake and push it back in the air fryer to complete the cooking time.
- Immediately when the fries are done, take them out of the air fryer basket, sprinkle with a little more Dan-O’s Seasoning, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley and serve hot.
Let’s Get Dipping – How To Make The Spicy Dipping Sauce
I love a good homemade sauce, especially one for dipping fries! This 3-ingredient masterpiece comes together in just minutes. Here’s how to make it:
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together sour cream, hot sauce (whatever kind you like) and Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning. Stir everything together until well blended.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Can This Sauce Be Used For More Than Fries?
How To Serve Sweet Potatoes Fries
As an appetizer:
For game day:
As a side dish:
Commonly Asked Questions
Absolutely! You can use russet potatoes or Yukon golds to make delicious air-fried potato wedges or fries. Just adjust the cooking time and seasonings according to your preference.
Yes, preheating the air fryer is recommended for best results. Preheating helps create a hot cooking environment from the start, resulting in crispier sweet potato fries.
Cooking time varies based on fry thickness and air fryer model. Generally, sweet potato fries take 15-20 mins at 400°F (200°C). Flip halfway for even cooking.
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love…
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Easy Air Fryer Sausage and Potatoes
Sweet Potato Fries
- 2-3 medium size sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons avocado or other neutral cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons Dano-O's Original Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2-3 tablespoons Dan-O's Spicy Seasoning
- 3-4 dashes hot sauce
- Wash and pat dry sweet potatoes. Cut off the ends of potatoes and discard. Slice potatoes into slabs then cut into fries.
- Add potatoes to a medium-size bowl. Drizzle on oil, sprinkle with seasoning and toss to coat the sweet potatoes.
- Add 1 layer of cut potatoes to the basket of the air fryer. Be careful to not overcrowd so that the fries will cook properly. Set temperature to 370 degrees. Set timer to 10 minutes and press start. Halfway through cooking time, remove the basket and shake. Place the basket back in the air fryer and continue cooking. Check fries at the end of the cooking time. For crispier fries, add an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- When fries are done, remove the basket, place fries on a serving platter, and sprinkle with additional seasoning, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- To make the dipping sauce, add sour cream, Dan-O's Spicy Seasoning, and hot sauce to a bowl. Whisk together until smooth. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Want To Know More About Air Frying?
If you are new to cooking with an Air Fryer or just don’t know where to start, I’ve got something to help. I’ve put together a helpful guide with tips and recipes to get you using the Air Fryer like a pro!