Sheet Pan Brats And Potatoes is a winner at mealtime! One of the best, easiest ways to cook is by using a sheet pan, plus this method of cooking tends to be simple yet brings out tremendous flavors from the ingredients used.
At least once a week, I prepare some sort of protein along with veggies using sheet pan cooking. I hit the grocery store aisle to find out what’s on sale, then build my meal around it. Roasting chicken or fish along with green beans or broccoli has become one of my family’s favorites, along with my brats and potatoes.
What’s fun about cooking like this is that you can experiment with new flavors. Mix in a new veggie, a handful of flavorful herbs, or a spice that you’ve never cooked with before. So, go for it, friends! Sheet pan cooking is easy cooking, delicious eating, and super easy clean-up.
Ingredients Needed For This Recipe
- Beef Brats or other sausage you prefer.
- Sweet Potatoes
- Yellow Potatoes
- Red Onion
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
With my success, I started thinking of all the other benefits of sheet pan cooking. Here’s just a few:
- Easy prep and super easy clean-up.
- Extra flavorful dishes due to roasting – cooking with heat from both above and below.
- Meat and vegetables cooked together, with most recipes taking 15 to 30 minutes of cook time.
- Everyone gets to have their favorite ingredients.
- Easy way to try new foods.
What Size Pan Is Best For Sheet Pan Cooking?
For this recipe, I use an 18×13 metal sheet pan. It has an edge around it with larger edges on the ends as handles. Different sizes of sheet pan can be used depending on how many ingredients you are adding to the pan.
Can Different Kinds Of Sausages Be Used?
Absolutely! There are so many tasty kinds of sausages that you can use in this recipe. Here are a few types to try:
- Kielbasa – is a Polish sausage, is a smoked sausage made from pork and/or beef. It can be flavored with garlic and spices.
- Bratwurst – which is what I used in this recipe is a German sausage made from pork and veal, sometimes beef. They have a smooth texture that reminds me more of a hot dog. The flavor is more subtle than most other sausages.
- Italian – Italian sausage is primarily seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, and fennel seed. There are also hot Italian sausage if you like a spicy kick.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Sheet Pan Brats And Potatoes?
This one-pan meal takes about 30 minutes to make. Set the oven temperature to 400 degrees, chop the potatoes and onions, toss them in the olive oil and seasonings, then place everything on the sheet pan. Dinner will be ready in no time!
What To Serve With Brats And Potatoes
All you need to round out this scrumptious one-pan meal is a great salad and maybe some crusty bread. Here’s a few of my favorites:
More Easy Dinner Recipes You’ll Love!
- Skillet Beef Stew
- Busy Day Pot Roast
- Creamy Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Alfredo Bake
- Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and mix. Add potatoes and onion and toss till coated.
- Remove brats from packaging and line in two rows on sheet pan. Place vegetables on pan surrounding brats.
- Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes. Check for doneness – brats will have a deep color and potatoes will have golden edges.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve as is or on a roll with your favorite toppings.