Sweet Potatoes cooked to perfection in the Air Fryer is a side dish that takes very little effort to make yet yields amazing results! They’re tender and creamy on the inside with crispy skin on the outside for sweet potatoes that you’ll be craving time and time again.
Our family is absolutely nuts over sweet potatoes. I can honestly say that I make them at least once a week. What I really like about sweet potatoes is that I can turn them into a savory or sweet dish which makes them an ideal match for many of the main dish recipes I serve for supper. They are loaded with nutrients, are high in potassium, vitamin E, C and are a great source of fiber when eaten with the skin on. All these extra benefits make me super happy when my family digs into them.
For a couple of years now, I’ve been baking sweet potatoes in my air fryer. It’s one of those pieces of kitchen equipment that really outperforms itself when it comes to cooking. I’ve made so many recipes in my air fryer and have loved how they turn out. The benefits of air frying are wide-ranging, but here are my favorites –
- low-fat cooking since very little oil is used.
- foods are crispy and crunchy on the outside, yet tender and juicy on the inside thanks to the circulation of hot air.
- easy clean up with none of the mess that “frying” requires.
- it’s portable so I can take it with us when we travel to the coast or mountains.
If you’re looking for the best, baked, sweet potato, then air frying is the way to go. All I do is rub them with a slight bit of olive oil, sprinkle on some salt then cook them in the air fryer until fork tender. I serve them with butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar for a savory, sweet flavor that’s totally mouthwatering!
- 2 medium size sweet potatoes, washed and dried
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon butter - divided
- Using a fork, poke several holes in sweet potatoes. Sprinkle over olive oil and salt then rub to coat potatoes. Place in air fryer.
- Set air fryer temperature to 400 and cook 45 minutes or until fork tender. Remove potatoes from air fryer and let cool for 5 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooling, mix together sugar and cinnamon. Split potatoes down the middle and sprinkle with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. (Store remaining sugar mixture for future use.) Top with butter and serve.
*Oven Baking Instructions*
- Using a fork, poke several holes in sweet potatoes. Sprinkle over olive oil and salt then rub to coat potatoes. Place on a baking sheet. Set oven to 400 degrees and bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
Follow A Southern Soul on Pinterest!