[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.12.2″]
Make these tender, fluffy pumpkin cake squares topped over with luscious, cream cheese frosting as soon as possible! This “scratch made” cake recipe is simple and easy to make. For the pumpkin lovers in your life, these little square are sure to put a smile on their faces.
This time of year makes me so happy. I love it when the seasons change and I have finally decided that autumn is my absolute favorite. The changing colors of the leaves on the trees, cool crisp mornings along with warm boots and cozy sweaters are things I look forward to…but, then again, the smells and flavors of fall’s delicious foods are without question the best. That’s why I decided to kick off October with this delicious Pumpkin Cake. It’s moist, with just the right about of warm spices. Of course, topping it off with cream cheese icing that’s sweet with a little hint of citrus brings all the flavors together in just the right way. Starting this fall season has never been so delicious.
If you love comfort food, you might also like these dishes ~
- 6 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 5 ⅓ tablespoons butter - softened
- 1 package confectioners sugar - 16 oz
- 4 tablespoon orange juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg into a medium size bowl.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with a hand mixer until frothy.
- Add sugar to eggs and beat for 2 minutes.
- Mix oil and pumpkin into liquid mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, folding until moist - do not overmix.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until cake tests done - inserted cake tester or toothpick should come out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack to cool completely before icing.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in bowl with hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in confectioners sugar and orange juice for about 1 and half minutes.
- Spread over cake and cut into squares.
Follow A Southern Soul on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Items You Might Need For This Recipe
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you![amazon_link asins=’B07329RYLC,B01ENM909M,B00ME1C83A’ template=’ProductCarousel-NoHeader’ store=’asouthernsoul-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’9f2e76e5-c647-11e8-bbee-51391aa17591′]