This pork roast that is a little sweet along with a bright burst of flavor from apple cider vinegar and fresh pineapple. There is very little cooking involved because once you sear the pork and caramelize the onions, all you do is add in the remaining ingredients and let the slow cooker do all the work. It’s perfect for a weeknight, family meal or when entertaining special guests!
Sometimes, you just want to hang out at home, watching your favorite show wrapped in soft throw and let the world spin on by. Those times also brings on the urge to eat yummy comfort food. There’s almost nothing as comforting as a home cooked meal and when you can make something delicious with very little effort, like this crock pot sweet & sour pork loin with pineapple, well, I’m all in.This new, satisfying dish that I recently came up with, is a recipe for a pork roast that is a little sweet along with a bright burst of flavor from apple cider vinegar and fresh pineapple. There is very little cooking involved because once you sear the pork and caramelize the onions, all you do is add in the remaining ingredients and let the slow cooker do all the work.
After several hours in the slow cooker, your simple cut of meat has turned into something incredible. The meat is absolutely mouth-watering and fork tender. I took one last step and thickened up the drippings into a luscious gravy. Oh my…this is some kind of comforting goodness. I served my new creation with herbed brown rice and roasted veggies. I knew I’d done something special when the lively dinner conversation kept going even while my boys got up from the table to serve themselves a second helping.
So, let’s go ahead and embrace lazy days with easy, heartwarming dishes and that bring a little happiness to family and friends. Ahhh…contentment.
Crock Pot Sweet & Sour Pork Loin with Fresh Pineapple
- 1 - 3 pound pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion - sliced
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fresh chunk pineapple
- Slurry thickener - 2 teaspoons corn starch mixed with 2 teaspoons cold water
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron or heavy bottom skillet. Salt and pepper all sides of pork roast and sear in skillet. Remove and place in crock pot. Sear onions in hot pan until slightly browned. Place onions in crock pot with pork loin.
- In a medium size bowl, mix apple cider, soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, garlic, salt and red pepper. Pour over roast. Place pineapple chunks around pork and cover with lid. Cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 7.
- When done, remove pork and pineapple from slow cooker and place on serving platter. Turn slow cooker on high, add cornstarch slurry and stir to mix well. As mixture starts to bubble, keep stirring until desired thickness is achieved. Spoon gravy over pork loin. Serve!
Items You Might Need For This Recipe
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you![amazon_link asins=’B00B7N00JU,B00FLYWNYQ,B01MU0C1F5,B06XCTNX1H’ template=’ProductCarousel-NoHeader’ store=’asouthernsoul-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’34da87c1-c5d6-11e8-a2db-c1fde78c097c’]
Find this recipe and more at WHATCHA CROCKIN?