Apple Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread made with warm spices and sweet apples layered in between buttery dough is recipe sure to become a family favorite. It’s simple to make using store bought biscuits so that you’ll be enjoying this ooey gooey bread in no time!
School started this week, which means the lazy days of summer have come to an end. Monday morning arrived and there was a flurry of activity in the house making sure that everything was ready for the day. It’s a big year for us since it’s Hunter’s senior year. There’s so many things to think about and plan for. It’s an exciting time for him and for his dad and I, just watching him make so many of his dreams come true makes us proud. He’s ready for this and I couldn’t be happier! Of course, I want to make him happy, too and one of the ways I do that is through food.
Knowing that Hunter loves just about anything that has apples in it, I decided to come up with a new treat that had his name all over it. I’d seen recipes for pull apart bread recently and since I have a savory version of this simple recipe, I decided to make a sweet version using apples. Using canned biscuits and just a few other ingredients, I was truly amazing at how delicious this dish turned out with rich, deep, home cooked flavors.
For the filling, I used Honeycrisp apples cooked with a little butter, cinnamon, brown sugar and nutmeg. As my ingredients started to cook, my house filled with warm, comforting smells. Cooking the apples was really the hardest part of the recipe, since after the filling cools, all you do is layer the dough and filling, then bake! Once your bread comes out of the oven, just cool then drizzle on a sweet vanilla glaze, then your’re ready to start making people happy!
If you’re a fan of apples, you might enjoy these recipes:
- 1 can large "Grands" biscuits - buttermilk, butter or original
- 2 medium Honeycrisp apples, finely chopped- other varieties work well too
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Add apples, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to a medium sauce pan set to medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until apples are tender but not mushy. Turn off heat and let cool.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9X5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Using a sharp knife, slice each biscuit in half, horizontally. Spoon about a tablespoon of apple filling onto each half. Stack 4 biscuit halves on top of teach other.
- Place stacks in loaf pan, making sure that each end has biscuits without filling touching end of pan. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to cook for approximately 5 - 8 minutes until top of bread is golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes then remove from pan.
- Whisk together confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla. Drizzle over bread.
Make sure to PIN this recipe to save and FOLLOW me on Pinterest for more great food!