Well, I did make a homemade cake but of course, I broke tradition and did not bake up a layer cake with loads of icing. Truth be told, I’m not much of a cake person and really don’t like icing. I know, it’s not my birthday, so I should get over it.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tables cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks butter) softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs - room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 1 bundt pan.
- Mix flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and spices in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.Mix in vanilla.
- Starting beating in flour mixture alternately with milk on low speed until just blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool competently. Drizzle with vanilla glaze and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Vanilla glaze - stir together 2 cups confectioners sugar with 3 - 4 tablespoons of milk until smooth.